cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQs on packaging instructions for MEDION products in the event of servicing

FAQs on packaging instructions for MEDION products in the event of servicing

• General packaging instructions

• In order to pack your MEDION product in the best possible service, some transport service providers such as DHL (DHL Packaging - The most important packaging tips for parcels | DHL Business Customers) or DPD (DPD - Packaging tips) provides extensive information on its website about the points to consider before sending a parcel. We also have further useful information on this topic for you.
  • How do I choose the right packaging size?

• Please use the smallest possible packaging for your consignment to avoid taking up unnecessary space in the parcel. However, there should still be a minimum of space for padding. Too much empty space also favours crushing of the cardboard packaging, use e. g. kraft paper for padding. Products at risk of breakage, such as glass elements, must be padded all round.
  • How do I safely dispatch my parcel?

• To seal the parcel more securely, we also recommend cross-taping the parcel tape, to withstand the weight.
  • What should I bear in mind when packing the appliance?

• Printer

• Please send the printer without ink / toner and devices with a fixed tank only upright. MEDION assumes no liability for damage and will not provide replacement for accessories / consumables sent with the device.
    • Refrigerators and freezers / Food preparation equipment / Coffee makers of all kinds

• Please remove all contents (food, grease, coffee, etc.) before shipping and secure any accessories (glass turntable, frying basket, baking tray, shelves, etc.) separately.
    • Dishwashers and washing machines / Cleaning machines

• Please empty the machine before sending (water, suction residues, etc.) and remove your laundry or kitchen utensils. Please remove the coarsest soiling.
    • Audio and video devices / Tablets, smartphones

• Please remove all sound carriers, storage media and SIM cards before shipping. MEDION assumes no liability and no replacement for media / smart cards sent with the product.
    • Storage media / PCs / Notebooks / Tablets / Smartphones

• Please remember to back up your data from the media before shipping.
    • Smartphones / Smart and WiFi devices

• Please decouple the device before sending and delete the theft protection / device tracking functions.