cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQs about the WLAN socket MD 18663

FAQs about the WLAN socket MD 18663

Here you will find information on connection and use.

MEDION_HW_MD18663_Wifi_Steckdose_Front.png

• Where can I find the right app?

• You can find the app in the respective store:
  • Are there any special features that I need to take into account when installing on Android?

• Yes, in order to use the app on Android, you must install our MEDION customer registration app in addition to the Wi-Fi socket app and create a MEDION (customer account*) there, if you do not already have one.
    *A customer account is created, for example, when an order is placed in the WEB- or Service shop or via registration in the Serviceportal.

If the MEDION customer registration app is not installed, it is automatically offered for installation in the Playstore.
    ( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.medion.android.registration)

⚠️Important⚠️ In order to use the MEDION Customer Registration App, the system language must be set to German or the IP address of your Internet connection must be registered in Germany.
  • Are there any special features that I need to take into account when installing under iOS?

• Yes, you should first create a MEDION account on an Android smartphone using the upstream registration app. This automatically generates access data for the socket, which you can read out in your own profile and then also use for the iOS app. You will find your access data in the WLAN socket app at the top left in the personal settings, if you then tap on the user picture. Please note that the password shown here is not your MEDION account password.

In summary:

Create a MEDION account via the Android registration app (if you do not already have one).

Use the Android registration app to retrieve the login data via the profile.

Log in to the iOS app version with these credentials from the Android version.

• Can I use Alexa?

• Yes, you can find the access data required for Alexa in the Wi-Fi power socket app in the top left-hand corner of the personal settings, if you then tap on the user picture. Please note that the password shown here is not your MEDION account password.
  • I have connection problems with the app, what should I look out for?

• Check your router configuration (WLAN shutdown, 2.4 and 5.0 GHz with different SSIDs).
  • I want to change the name of the Wi-Fi socket, what do I have to do?

• Under further settings in the app, you can make individual manual settings for the Wi-Fi power socket.
  • My installed app is not working properly, what can I do?

• In most cases, the problem can be solved with one of the procedures listed under this link .
Version history
Last update:
‎16.01.2024 11:28
Updated by:
Labels (4)
Contributors