Medion erazer msn 10024443 doesn't display anything

13 REPLIES 13
Jeffherckens
Beginner
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Medion erazer msn 10024443 doesn't display anything

Hello

I just bought my new erazer desktop msn 10024443. I switched it on for the first time with the hmdi of the monitor connected to the graphics card but the display screen doesn't show anything. I retried multiple times but no success. 

Can anyone help?

13 REPLIES 13
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

@Jeffherckens 

Hi Jeff, what  happens if you connect your Monitor not to the graphic card, but connect it with the mainboard graphis port? There may be some black plugs in them, but for experiments sake you can make use of one of them.

If you get a picture then, go into Bios and search for the graphic card configuration menu, and change the settings.

Cheers, daddle

Jeffherckens
Beginner
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Hi @daddle !

Thanks for replying so quickly. 

I removed the black plug from the hmdi port on the main board and plugged in the hmdi cable of my monitor. I booted up the pc. But I'm still not getting an image. The monitor doesn't seem to reverse a video signal. 

As a side note: there are no peripheral USB devices plugged in, no ethernet. Only the hmdi and the power cable. 

I should probably mention that I had removed the black plug before I booted up the pc the first time. I had put it back however when I plugged the hdmi in the graphic card port. 

Another odd thing to me: there are a couple of unconnected cables in the pc. I'll take a picture. 

Jeffherckens
Beginner
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

Ok I can't upload picture because the file size is too big. 

There are 2 unconnected cables coming from the graphics card. One has 6 pins, the other has 2. 

Then there's another unconnected cable coming from the motherboard (to the top left of the big blue fan). That cable has 4 pins. 

Carsten_Tech
Explorer
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Hey Jeff,

couldt it be, that the monitor have to be switch from VGA- to HDMI- resp- AUTO-mode?

Jeffherckens
Beginner
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Hello @Carsten_Tech ,

I'm not sure how to do switch the monitor setting. 

I can confirm however that whenever I plug the monitor with hmdi into another laptop, there is no issue. 

I also tried to connect a different monitor to the medion pc, but it had the same problem. 

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

@Jeffherckens 

@Jeffherckens  schrieb:

I removed the black plug from the hmdi port on the main board and plugged in the hmdi cable of my monitor. I booted up the pc. But I'm still not getting an image. The monitor doesn't seem to reverse (I think you mean receive) a video signal.  

I should probably mention that I had removed the black plug before I booted up the pc the first time. I had put it back however when I plugged the hdmi in the graphic card port. 

This your first connection was wrong, because the mainboard video ports in a PC with a dedicated graphic card are not really activated. That's why they have the black blocking plugs in them, plus a red tape on the slot bracket with the printed note  "use this video- ports only". 

Connecting the monitor wrongly could mix up your Bios settings.

But this you should have mentioned in your first post, You wrote in your first post only, you had the monitor connected to the graphic card!

Do you still have  an elder monitor, not 4k? Try to connect this one first with the graphic card ports, second with the mainboard HDMI port. and try to boot with the DEL (Entf)  key pressed,

If you should get a picture with the Bios menu in one of those positions, check the Video options  on page chipset

( I do not have your PC and Bios, so  can't say how exactly the menu  structure is).

And you should go onto the last page and load the >"Defaults settings".

Leaving the Bios with F10 and confirm the changes with Yes.

Second the Nvidia draws up to 175 Watt, the PCIe slot only provides 75 watts. There should be at least a 6 -pin powercable coming  from the PSU additionally connected to the card. May be even a 6+2 pin connector.

What the two  loose cables coming from the video card are I cannot say.  Make a picture of it and post it!

Send a picture. You can reduce the resolution in the photo settings. Then you can upload the photos.

The last hint: the video card is quite heavy. Check whether the video card is firmly seated in the slot, and whether the locking bracket is engaged.

Don't there come some beep sounds if you start the PC?

daddle

Jeffherckens
Beginner
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Hello @daddle ,

Unfortunately I don't have an old monitor. 

I tried pressing the del key when booting up but still no display. 

However, when I boot up, the screen seems to briefly pop out or it's sleeping mode just to say that it doesn't receive video input. Clearly some kind of signal is getting to the monitor. 

Jeffherckens
Beginner
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

Here are the pictures of the disconnected cables 

20221028_084531.jpg

Jeffherckens
Beginner
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

20221028_084454.jpg

13 REPLIES 13