worst customer service ever ?

5 REPLIES 5
Mannuel
Beginner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

worst customer service ever ?

Hello,

can you tell me who to contact within MEDION to issue an complaint ?
I tried mailing and I tried calling but nobody listens or reacts.

I sent a PC back to you for repairs.
Two weeks later, when I ask for an update, I get a mail stating that "the box was damaged during transport so the pc is damaged and unless I am willing to pay 180 euros to fix these damages, the original problem will not be looked at."
Is ths customer service ? Is this my fault ?
I wrapped the PC in foam and packaged it carefully.
When a transport firm manages to makes a whole in a box, I think they are accountable (and probably insured).
Telephone support said there is nothing they can do and that I have to pay. End of discussion.
Since then, mails were not answered and complaints ignored.
I don't know who I can speak to anymore.
As a longtime Medion customer (all my hardware has been Medion for years), this is the first time I have been treated like this and no client want to have this feeling.

There is no other means of communication possible it seems, so please let me know who I can contact to make a complaint
and to have my problem fixed ?

5 REPLIES 5
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hello @Mannuel,  and welcome to the community.

Please send us your repair number so we can investigate the issue further.

Thank you,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mannuel
Beginner
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

customer number is xxxxxxxxxx 

order number is xxxxxxxxx

If a box is damaged, even though the content was secured, I think Medion needs to contact the delivery team, not ask the customer to pay for this.

I have sent and received many packages and never had an issue like this

thanks

Mod comment: Personal data removed 

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Mannuel

Unfortunately, I can only confirm the service's assessment, as the laptop was able to move in the package and this is how the damage occurred.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me via private message.

Best regards,

EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

@Mannuel 

@Mannuel 

I wrapped the PC in foam and packaged it carefully.

The only way to prevent the parcel service or the service firm giving reason to blame you for bad packing as an excuse is to make fotos of your packing and wrapping, the PC or Laptop with its wrapped up status, and  put into a box, and also a photo of the closed box.

For your information, I had twice sent in a PC, one laptop E3221 an a E23401 for guarantee service. Both PC came back with the original box put into  box much too big.

These had a leeway of 6 inches across and 4 inches down the narrow side, leaving plenty of room for the inner pack to slide and bounce around. If the parcel service then moves such a package violently, the inner package is thrown back and forth vigorously..

Fortunately, I had used the original styrofoam cushions, which were still in the original box when they were returned. So nothing seriously happened, except the original boxes were quite bumped at the corners.

Nevertheless, Medion or the service company (or you yourself) should use suitable close fitting outer boxes for stronger and safer protection.

And never forget a documentation with fotos of the whole process of packing and of the finished package

How did that go for you? Were you able to agree reasonably with Medion?

Regards, daddle

Rosy
Trainee
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

ik verpak mijn retour/reparatie spullen ook zeer zorgvuldig; met nog een buiten- omdoos voor bescherming van de originele verpakkingen......
toch krijg ik keer op keer de spullen terug in de allereerste originele verpakking terug die bij de 1e zending al was beschadigd.
repareer en verstevig deze originele verpakking ook nog eens weer zorgvuldig!!

5 REPLIES 5