SOLVED
31 REPLIES 31
Scoobyfizz
Apprentice
Message 1 of 32
Message 1 of 32

MD 63810 Tablet mode

Hi,

I have just bought one of these new from Aldi. One of the things I bought it for was the fact that it hinged into a tablet, or at least shout.

When I flip it nothing happens , the screen rotates as it should but it does not go into tablet mode and the keyboard and mouse still are working. I thought that fliping the screen, according to the instructions would put it in tablet mode and would also sensibly lock the keyboard and track mouse to stop it working when in this mode. I have searched everywhere in windows to sort this out but nothing.

I have looked at the settings in tablet mode which are set as -

sign in - use the appropriate mode for my hardware 

and when I use device as a tablet - always switch to tablet mode.

I have also performed a reset to no avail.. I suspect it is probably somewhere down the line something to do with the latest version of windows 10 which windows update did...

31 REPLIES 31
Scoobyfizz
Apprentice
Message 11 of 32
Message 11 of 32

@Gehringer 

Imaging files? I did a complete rebuild. I don't know where these imaging files would be. The rebuild was from USB and overwrote my C drive completely. No windows old directory. So basically no use.

I am not sure what version I would need to go back to but that is no help anyway as windows update would bring it up to date and it will not work anyway... I would expect this to work with Windows 21H1..

Can ANYONE confirm that they have this convertible and what version of windows is on it and whether the table mode works automatically?

Gehringer
Retired
Message 12 of 32
Message 12 of 32

Hi @Scoobyfizz ,

The unit should convert itself automatically to tablet mode when unit is physically converted to a tablet, unless set not to do so. And it should work in any Windows version.

Since you have overwritten the original HDD files, you are correct and we wouldn't be able to restore factory settings to fix any configuration/compatibility issue, so I would advise you to contact our local Medion technical support team and send your unit to the workshop so they can check if there is any hardware fault not allowing your unit to do so.

Regards,
Gehringer

Scoobyfizz
Apprentice
Message 13 of 32
Message 13 of 32

I reached out to the service centre 3 days ago and still awaiting a response.

Gehringer
Retired
Message 14 of 32
Message 14 of 32

Hi @Scoobyfizz ,

I will PM you about your specific case.

If there are any findings on it that can help the community we can continue this thread.

Regards,

Gehringer

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 15 of 32
Message 15 of 32

Hi @Scoobyfizz ,

can you confirm that is the the same topic we´ve been discussing in this thread?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Scoobyfizz
Apprentice
Message 16 of 32
Message 16 of 32

@Major_ToM 

I posted int he other thread because I had the same issue. I did mention my model number there. However, I have returned my laptop because I was not getting any joy and a replacement is arriving today so I shall see what it does out of the box (after I have imaged the drive first incase it is windows updates causing issue. I have been waiting for some considerable time now for help from a the problem I raised direct and heard nothing other than a question asking what touch screen drivers I had.

Overall I have had quite poor service direct from Medion and little help from the community 😞

I hope the new one works and at least goes into tablet mode when flipped but I am not hopeful. it was a pain flipping and having to enable tablet mode manually but the keyboard and mouse were still operative making it unusable.

Darren

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 17 of 32
Message 17 of 32

Hin @Scoobyfizz ,

good to hear from you on the one hand. It´s a really complex topic with this certain modell in combination with Intel & MS drivers/updates which are causing some "headaches". Pls keep us updated so that @Gehringer or our moderation staff maybe an take some further action.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Tags (1)
Scoobyfizz
Apprentice
Message 18 of 32
Message 18 of 32

@Major_ToM 

So does that mean as soon as I apply any updates it will be messed up? Will it work out of the box? if it does not then I will probably send the new one back for a refund as I have certainly had no joy direct from Medion. I have not seen any real help at all on here to be honest. What are the exact 'headaches' as making the notebook not fit for purpose or loose one of it's major functions is not a headache it is a disaster is it not?

Darren

daddle
Superuser
Message 19 of 32
Message 19 of 32

@Scoobyfizz 

@Scoobyfizz  schrieb

Overall I have had quite poor service direct from Medion and little help from the community 😞

It was me who tried to help you in the other thread. But it  can not work if there is a hardware related  problem.

No menber of this community nor a technician  can solve these sort of problems from not having a physical contact with your PC.

So you were adressed in this community, which is not poor support.

But do not mix things up, this is not the official service site for complaints or guaranty-matters. 

It's just a "users try to help other users" forum, on a free agreement.

And you get a replacement from the official service. But neither can you expect that in those days  everybody can help you immediatley; it takes some time.

The other users her are doing this supporting as a hobby, and you can not expect them to be able to help in any circumstances.

So I do think what you say is  quite wrong.

And deleting the driver folder on drive C:\ is quite "uncommon", which you would  need to reinstall the hinge angle service drivers or others after reinstalling Windows. At least you shoud have made a driver backup .

daddle

Scoobyfizz
Apprentice
Message 20 of 32
Message 20 of 32

Thanks for your reply.. Doing a complete install of windows in not uncommon.. However I did do a drive image backup that would not restore but I can read and see the files and drive structure. There was no drivers folder on the C drive on there to 'reinstall'. I would have at least expected some sort of setup or other to run to reinstall drivers but there was nothing. Also when you say a driver backup how would one do that (unless you are talking about some sort of driver install folder) and then reinstall that when you refresh windows.

I did request somewhere to download drivers but I never got a response from that particular email. 😞

I just got very frustrated to be honest that I bought something that did not work or will not work the moment I connect it to the internet and do updates.

I am very appreciative of the help I have had here, but the response direct from Medion took 3 weeks to arrive and by then it was too late.

Anyway I hope I eat my words and lots of humble pie when the new one arrives (which is coming from Aldi NOT Medion) and it works well... and I apologise if I may have caused any offence to anyone on here.

31 REPLIES 31