My First Post

17 REPLIES 17
bigman1974
Trainee
Message 1 of 18
Message 1 of 18

My First Post

Hello Everyone

I found it very difficult to penetrate the username/password section of the forum but I hope I'm in business now. I'm having problems with my Akoya laptop,

since I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and Im hoping there's someone able to help. I will put all the details in my next post.

17 REPLIES 17
bigman1974
Trainee
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

I will try the residual current discharge tomorrow.

I only have product keys for Windows 10 and 7 (the original OS), so to try 8.1 I would probably have to buy it? That's not very attractive, as I've no guarantee that it will work.

I'll let you know how I get on.

regards, Bigman1974

daddle
Superuser
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

@bigman1974 

May be you just use Media Creation Tool for downloading Win 8.1 Iso on a USB Stick (8GB), and install it. If you are asked for  a product key say later. If you are booted to Win 8.1, I think you can do the bios update without activating Windows. Just try it. With right click as an Admin, power supply connected,  for safety the charge should be not full 100%, power supply should be active and charging, battery around 75 %.

Good luck, daddle

daddle
Superuser
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

@bigman1974 

May be you just make use of the Media Creation Tool for downloading Win 8.1 Iso on a USB Stick (8GB), and install it. If you are asked for  a product key say later. If you are booted to Win 8.1, I think you can do the bios update without activating Windows. Just try it. With right click as an Admin, power supply connected,  for safety the charge should be not full 100%, power supply should be active and charging, battery around 75 %.

Good luck, daddle

bigman1974
Trainee
Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

Hi Daddle

I followed your instructions for the RC discharge, and I'm afraid that it didn't fix the problem. I will look into your suggestion about the MCT, which I don't know anything about, and I will get back to you.

regards, Bigman1974

daddle
Superuser
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

@bigman1974 

Here is the link: 

--> https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install-winpc/how-to-download-o...

Downloadlink scrolling the page down. You need a min. 8GB USB-Stick.

Regards, daddle

bigman1974
Trainee
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Hello Daddle

I spent some time trying to decide whether to pursue this idea of using Windows 8.1 as a means of getting the BIOS update thats on the Medion website to work, and Ive decided against it. The balance of advice seems to be that its best not to attempt a bios update unless you are definitely going to get an improvement you need, or definitely resolve an issue that you have, because of the consequences of it going wrong.

I agree with you that the problem is something to do with configuration, and if I was able to update the bios, I think its very unlikely that it would resolve the issue.

My last strategy will be to attach a second monitor, and see what affect that has.

BB_404
Trainee
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

Hello im thinking of buying an rtx 3060ti 3 fan edition. Will it fit in my B460H6-EM motherboard? @daddle @Gehringer @Fishtown 

daddle
Superuser
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

@BB_404 

Hi!

You are in a complete wrong thread. Open up a new Thread with appropriate title  in the category your PC fits in: Discussion forum >>  Computer/Network >>  Desktop PC  and All in One

We do not know which PC you have, so first state the MSN number and the name of your PC as well.

Cheers  daddle

17 REPLIES 17