SOLVED
27 REPLIES 27
LOTGS
Trainee
Message 1 of 28
Message 1 of 28

EM2 system firmware 113 error

Hi there,

I've just been on my PCs device manager and noticed an error symbol over the Medion EM2 system firmware 113 (see picture below). I was wondering if anyone knows what this it? Should I be concerned and what could I try to fix it? The PC is an Erazer Engineer P10 and it seems to be running fine. I've tried updating the driver for that device but it hasn't remedied the issue.

Thanks in advance!

error.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
mats749
Tutor
Message 11 of 28
Message 11 of 28

@LOTGS

It looks like you have a fairly old BIOS version, you can download the latest version here 

Once you've unzipped the file, you'll need to run WFH.BAT as administrator to begin the update. 

Please ensure that you allocate enough time to the process as interrupted BIOS updates can be problematic and potentially lead to hardware damage. 

Thanks 
Mats749

LOTGS
Trainee
Message 12 of 28
Message 12 of 28

Thanks mats749,

I'm a little confused: I've followed your instructions, but all that happens is I get the two Command Prompt windows that you can see in the attached images. When I press any key as it requires, the two windows close down and nothing else happens. Am I missing something? I am running WFH.BAT as administrator.

Thanks.

1.jpg2.jpg

multilaf
Apprentice
Message 13 of 28
Message 13 of 28

Please be informed that I have opened the same topic on the French forum here

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/erreur-Medion-EM2-System-Firmware-113-sur-ERAZER-Engin...

I have exactly the same screens with at the end the following error message: 120 Error : AMI bios Guard feature disabled.

Please use AFU to flash or enable the BIOS Guard Feature in BIOS setup.

I obtain this error message by following theses steps:

1) I run CMD command with right click by running it as administrator.

2) By default I am on c:\windows\system32. I enter "cd.." and another 'cd..' to be on 'c:\' level

3) I type 'cd test' to I go to the place where I have decompressed the zip file => all the files including WFH.bat are stored on c:\test

4) I type 'WFH.bat' and then I have your different print screens with at the end the error message that I mention above.

I have no idea how to resolve this issue...BIOS is very poor, basic.

Waiting for a solution.

Thanks

multilaf
Apprentice
Message 14 of 28
Message 14 of 28

LOTGS
Trainee
Message 15 of 28
Message 15 of 28

Hi multilaf,

Thanks for the advice. I've followed the instructions on that page but unfortunately the problem hasn't been solved. The message I get in the device manager is different now though, as you can see below.

error1.jpg 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 16 of 28
Message 16 of 28

Hi @LOTGS ,

in this case I would suggest to run a proper installation with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool to set your system up again and try installing theBios again.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
LOTGS
Trainee
Message 17 of 28
Message 17 of 28

Hi Major ToM,

Thanks for the tip. Am I right in thinking everything would then need re-installing and setting back up? It seems like quite a dramatic move when the PC actually seems to be running ok at the moment...

daddle
Superuser
Message 18 of 28
Message 18 of 28

@LOTGS 

Just a bit late, but for explanations sake

You can not start the Bios Update, from inside a users folder, which is too complexly nested deep inside the Documents and Users folders.

And also it might be a authorisation problem, because the cmd answer shows, the AFUWINx64 can not read and open the 560H6EM2.ROM, though it is in the same folder as you said. Thats why the AFUWINx64.exe command is treated as a question, just as if you put a "?" question mark behind the AFUWINx64.exe; and AFUWIN gives you back the general list of parameters and commands, 

Cheers, daddle

LOTGS
Trainee
Message 19 of 28
Message 19 of 28

Thanks @daddle,

I'm not too knowledgable about this area of technicalities. Are there any new courses of action you can suggest to me that follow on from your information? The issue is still present.

Thanks!

daddle
Superuser
Message 20 of 28
Message 20 of 28

@LOTGS 

You mean flashing the Bios?

First check in Bios if capsule support is enabled (only if this item is listed in bios, I can not know if it is there))

Create  a simple folder  D:\Bios560-EM  

Decompress the Bios Zip into it. You get a lot of files, all of them should be in the folder D:\Bios560-EM.

560H6EM2.116
560H6EM2.ROM
afuefix64.efi
AFUWIN.EXE
AFUWINx64.EXE
AMIDEEFIx64.EFI
AMIDEWIN.EXE
amidewinx64.exe
amifldrv32.sys
amifldrv64.sys
amigendrv64.sys
BgtEfix64.efi
BgtWinx64.exe
ErrCode.txt
error.log
F.nsh
Fpt.efi
FPTW64.exe
FwUpdateEfiLib.lib
FWUpdateLib.lib
FWUpdLcl.efi
FWUpdLcl64.exe
Idrvdll32e.dll
MEInfo.efi
MEInfoWin64.exe
MEManuf.efi
MEManufWin64.exe
ReleaseNote.txt
SFME.nsh
WFH.bat
WFME64.bat

Open an Admins CMD. In it type at the prompt  -->  D : (a. D with a double colon behind, no space inbetween) -->  your new prompt is  D:\>

D:\>     Type

D:\>cd bios560-EM  --> Enter

New prompt is 

D:\>bios560-EM

Type now WFH.bat  -->> Enter

Flashing should start 

Regards, daddle

27 REPLIES 27