SOLVED
27 REPLIES 27
LOTGS
Trainee
Message 1 of 28
Message 1 of 28

EM2 system firmware 113 error

Hi there,

I've just been on my PCs device manager and noticed an error symbol over the Medion EM2 system firmware 113 (see picture below). I was wondering if anyone knows what this it? Should I be concerned and what could I try to fix it? The PC is an Erazer Engineer P10 and it seems to be running fine. I've tried updating the driver for that device but it hasn't remedied the issue.

Thanks in advance!

error.jpg

27 REPLIES 27
LOTGS
Trainee
Message 21 of 28
Message 21 of 28

Thanks @daddle 

That's worked, I've successfully updated the Bios!

The only thing now is the original problem (Medion EM2 System Firmware 113 device cannot start (code 10)) is still present. Do you happen to have any suggestions for how this could be resolved now the Bios is updated? Much appreciated!

daddle
Superuser
Message 22 of 28
Message 22 of 28

@LOTGS 

No, I am sorry. I do not know. You should ask a moderator, eg @Major_ToM for this. He suggested already to reinstall Windows from scratch.

This you can do with Power Recover, or with a Windows Install USB stick, created with the MediaCreationTool from Microsoft, or for Windows 11  or for Windows 10

Cheers, daddle

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 23 of 28
Message 23 of 28

Hi @LOTGS ,

I think we (means: you) have multiple options now.

• Option 1 would be a fresh and proper installation like I described a couple of posts before using the MCT.

• Option 2 is trying to execute a Bios Update to version 1.16, which can be downloaded right here
    This update might be a bit challenging, because at first you have to ensure, that the Intel Management Engine ist deactivated, like Lolopapadepo described  in the french Community
    Major_ToM_0-1657701203002.png
    Furthermore ist might appear, that during the update the Windows key will be overwritten, so you have to check, whether the Windows product key is displayed on your screen.
    If the Windows product key is not displayed, be sure to stop the update ("N" key), restart the PC and then perform the update again. If the Windows product key was read out, it is saved in the file "DPK.txt" on the desktop. Please print out this file or save it permanently in another way.

If I´m not completely wrong @multilaf already did this successfully but all in all you fore sure have to pay attention to execute the update correctly

In case you need further help, you´ll find it here 🙂

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
LOTGS
Trainee
Message 24 of 28
Message 24 of 28

Thanks @Major_ToM

1.16 is the version of the Bios that I already updated to and that hasn't resolved the issue. I'm guessing that only leaves me with option 1 that you described, but that still seems to be quite a drastic and hugely inconvenient course of action.

Do you know if this issue likely to cause any practical problems in future? The PC seems to be running fine at the moment...

Thanks.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 25 of 28
Message 25 of 28

Hi @LOTGS ,

with 1.16 you definetely have the recent version and if your system has no obvious failures, I´d continue working that way.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Sir_burp
Beginner
Message 26 of 28
Message 26 of 28

@LOTGS

I just finished reading the solutions provided to fix the Medion EM2 System firmware 113 issue, and after installing to the latest bios version (1.16) using the method explained and being greeted with the firmware issue still being 'apparently' present, I instinctively downgraded the driver of EM2 only to update it again and voila.

fw_update.png

Properties -> Driver -> Previous Driver?(3th option) -> Update driver? (2nd option)

Hope it's still worth something 🙂

LOTGS
Trainee
Message 27 of 28
Message 27 of 28

Thank you @Sir_burp!

That's done the trick for me too. I rolled the driver back, and it's still saying that I'm running the best drivers when I try to update it again, but whatever: the warning message has gone and the device is working properly now. Who'd have though it would be somethning so simple?

Gamkrelidz3
Beginner
Message 28 of 28
Message 28 of 28

hello, i need To update Bios can you told me link for download? Medion akoya e62031 (md 34460)

msn 10024286

serial 10024286010200

27 REPLIES 27