cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I unpack a file download from the MEDION service page?

Question

How do I unpack a file download from the MEDION service page and where do I find the files then?

Answer

To keep the file sizes small and thus reduce the download time, driver and other software packages are stored in compressed form (also called archives).

The package must therefore first be unpacked after downloading from the MEDION download page in order to be able to use the files from the archive. The packages are available in different file formats. If the downloaded file has the extension .exe, the further procedure is as follows:

Double-clicking on the downloaded file opens a dialog for unpacking the file. The default destination folder is usually C:\Medion.

self_extractor.png

The folder can be taken over or also changed in this way. If the specified folder does not exist, it is created automatically. A click on Extract then unpacks (decompresses) the package. The specified folder can then be opened in Windows Explorer to access the files.

If the downloaded file has the extension .zip, the file can be extracted in Windows File Explorer. To do this, click on it with the right mouse button and select Extract all...

⚠️ The zip files can also be opened and viewed with a double click, but starting an executable file from an archive usually leads to an error!

Depending on the configuration of the operating system, it may be necessary to confirm a security notice from Windows.

Version history
Last update:
‎01.02.2022 08:11
Updated by:
Retired
Contributors