Camera not found error code "0xA00F4244"

14 REPLIES 14
BL19
Trainee
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Camera not found error code "0xA00F4244"

Hello,

I recently bought Medion E15423- MD62545. My camera is not detected, I tried to troubleshoot everything right from checking on camera buttons to checking in device manager.

My problem is I cannot locate camera in device manager. Please can someone guide me to fix this issue?

14 REPLIES 14
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

@BL19 

On the left side there is a private mode slider switch, switchíng the camera and internal microfon On/Off .

Cheers, daddle

BL19
Trainee
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hello,

It is on. My microphone works fine it's just camera that doesn't.

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@BL19 

Dio you have the YouCam App installed?

Check with Microsoft:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/camera-app-shows-error-0xa00f4244-nocamerasareattached-0...

Cheers, daddle 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi @BL19 ,

could you please comment, if the issue with the cam is still present?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
BL19
Trainee
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

BL19
Trainee
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Yes it is still the same issue.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Hi @BL19 ,

that sounds quite strange, but let´s see, how we can assist.
Generally this kind of error codes indicate, that there is a driver error (or a HW defect).
The thing is, that the driver is provided by Windows Inbox and not via providable driver files, so at first you might run the MEDION Service App,which tests the hardware features of the camera.

Of course you also could run a clean installation of the operating system via the Microsoft Media Creation Tool,but this would mean a lot of work.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
BL19
Trainee
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hello @Major_ToM ,

I think the problem is with hardware. When I tried to press on the top of laptop screen near camera, it started working but after I close and open again there is same problem. I think there is some issue in the build-up.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Thanks@BL19 for the feedback.

You might try a clean installation before opening up a service case, to ensure, that we´re rteally talking about a hardware failure.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

14 REPLIES 14