Did you mean: 

MD9643 Notebook PC

7 REPLIES 7
Rafaelega
Beginner
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

MD9643 Notebook PC

A friend need to recover info from a MD9643 Notebook PC that he bought in 2001 or 2002 year. I wonder if exist any info about that computer (manual, technical specifications...). 
I need to recover info from the harddisk. Firstly I need to replace the computer changer (AD57 adapter and 19V / 3.16A) (the old charger is broken).

If I get to connect it probably I´ll need to know about the S.O. installed and perhaps to make some changes in the BIOS. Then I need that info...

If this not solve the problem probably I´ll need to extract the HD and connect it to another system.

This is a very very old notebook. All your help is wellcome!

medion.jpegmedion2.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Hello @Rafaelega, and welcome to the community.

Unfortunately, there is no more information available for this model, but there is still product information for both the MD 9628 and 9630, there might be some of the same components, so if that would help you, please let us know.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Rafaelega
Beginner
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Yes thanks,

I need to know what kind of Hard disk is inside this model and also if there is a way to connect it to another computer to recover data.

For doing that i need documentación about the way to connect it and some HD characteristics.

Thx in advance

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

Hallo @Rafaelega,

I hope this information is helpful for you (MD 9628 / 9630):

Prozessor: Intel Pentium III 1.10 GHz Desktop Soundkarte: Soundblaster-kompatibel AC'97
Hauptspeicher: Siemens 256 MB SDRAM 100MHz (max. 512MB!) Grafikkarte: S3 SIS 630s 32MB Shared VRAM
Anschlüsse: 1x TV-Ausgang
1x VGA-Out
Micro-In
Audio-Out
2x USB
1x seriell
1x parallel
1x IrDA 1.1 (4 Mbps)
1x RJ-11 (Modem) und RJ-45 (Netzwerkkarte)
1x PS/2
2x PCMCIA Typ II oder 1x Typ 3, Cardbus 32 bit (3,3 und 5 Volt)
1x i.Link (Firewire IEEE 1394)
Software:
  • Microsoft© Windows XP Home Edition
  • WorksSuite 2001
  • Cyberlink PowerDVD 3.0
  • Support-CD
Chipsatz: VIA VT8605 PM133 / Phoenix BIOS 4.0 (Release 6) Schnellstarttasten: 3 Multimedia-Hotkeys, 1 frei programierbar
DVD-Rom: 9628: 6x/24x (nur 9630: DVD-6x/CDRW-6x4x24x) Modem: V.90 56K Modem
Floppy:  3,5“-Floppy HD/DD 1,44 MB / 720 KB Netzwerk: 10/100 PCI Fast -Ethernet RTL 8139
Festplatte:  20,00 GB Maus/Zeigegerät: <color="red">Synaptics PS/2 Touchpad </color="red">

Größe: 308 x 268 x 36mm, Unterstützung für Kensington-Schloss Akku: Lithium-Ionen
Gewicht: ca. 3kg Netzadapter: DC 14,8V, 3.16A
Display: 14,1" TFT-Flachbildschirm Tastatur: 87/89 Tasten mit Windowstasten und Eurosymbol

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

@Rafaelega 

Hi, most probably the harddisk got an IDE connection. These contacts consists of a row of pins. 

You can find  a harddisk adapter IDE to USB, with which you can connect the harddisk to a modern computer.

Success, daddle

Rafaelega
Beginner
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

Ok. I´ll try to get the HD and I told you the results.

Thanks a lot for your help

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

Hi@Rafaelega ,

just wanted to know, if you´re still in need of further information of your MD 9643 notebook.
Here is a user manual and moreover we also can provide a maintenance guide which might lead you the right way.

If you need additional help, so please let us know 🙂

Another hint: To mention a community user in a way that they will be notified when you reply, write an @ sign in front of their name. (z.B. @Major_Tom)

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Luke
Community Manager
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

Hello @Rafaelega,

Congratulations, this is probably the oldest computer we've ever had in our Community!  😃

As @daddle suggested already, the easiest way to access the data on the old hard drive is using an USB-to-IDE adapter.

Here is an example image (not a product recommendation):

USB2IDE.jpg

Hope this helps,

Luke

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

7 REPLIES 7