cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up an NVMe SSD RAID on my ERAZER Beast X25?

Question

How do I set up an NVMe SSD RAID on my ERAZER Beast X25?

Answer

To set up RAID 0 or RAID 1, two installed M.2 SSDs are required. If that is the case, proceed as follows:

Download the AMD RAID drivers AMD RAID Driver (SATA, NVMe RAID) for Windows 10 oder Windows 11 and extract them to a USB stick.

1. Turn on your notebook and press the F2 key to enter the BIOS (UEFI) setup
  2. Open under Advanced the menu item SATA Configuration set SATA Mode to RAID and the entry NVME RAID Mode to Enabled
  3. Save your changes, reboot and call the BIOS Setp again
  4. Open the Advanced RAIDExpert2 Configuration Utility, which is now visible under Advanced / NVMe Configuration and select Array Management
  5. Continue with:
    Create Array -> Select RAID Level as desired
    Select Physical Disks -> select the used SSDs
    Apply Changes save under Exit with Save Changes and Exit

The BIOS RAID settings are now complete. Now the installation of the RAID drivers for Windows follows.

1. Boot from a Windows installation media, follow the installation until the dialog: Select an installation type:
    Win10-Setup-Type-of-Installation.png
    Choose custom

2. The following is the question about the installation drive
    Windows 10 InstallationWindows 10 Installation
  3. Click Load Driver, open the folder with the unzipped driver files and select NVMe_DID\rcbottom.inf first. Follow the instructions until the dialog above is displayed again
  4. Click Load Driver again to install NVMe_DID\rcraid.inf as well and repeat the process for NVMe_DID\rccfg.inf (this order is required!). Afterwards the newly created RAID array is offered as installation drive
  5. With the button New you can split your RAID array into one or more partitions

If you want to manage the RAID in a graphical interface after the installation is finished, download the AMD RAID Installer (SATA, NVMe RAID).

⚠️ Please note that this procedure will result in the loss of your data. Therefore, if necessary, make a data backup beforehand.

Version history
Last update:
‎21.03.2022 09:10
Updated by:
Retired
Labels (3)
Contributors