Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 MD35081 randomly reboots

23 REPLIES 23
Llcoolm
Trainee
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 MD35081 randomly reboots

Hello Guys!

first time posting so I apologies if this topic is actually answered in this English part of the community 🙂

So I very recently bought this Erazer so I could stop getting my ass kicked in PUBG all the time as my previous rig is over 7 years old (Geforce 970) 😄 

However I am getting random reboots when playing games like PUBG and similar , strangely enough I am not when running stress test etc using 3Dmark or normal web browsing etc. 

So I started googling and found this thread on the German part: https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/High-End-Gaming-PC-Hunter-X20-MD34445-dauernd-restarts...

It looks like exactly same issue and the solution looks promising (thanks google translate!)  However the solution involves downloading a more recent BIOS version from MSI (MPG z490 gaming edge wifi motherboard). But when i download (2 file) it to my prepared USB stick (bootable) the M-FLASH does not see the files, it sees the folder and everything but do not recognize it as bios firmware. 

As Medion is using a more tailored version of MSI how would i go about to upload the stock one?   (version 7C79v18)

Any help is highly appreciated as this rig didn't come cheap 😞

Best regard

23 REPLIES 23
Llcoolm
Trainee
Message 21 of 24
Message 21 of 24

@Andi 

Perfect many thanks! will try to run it for a while and see if it improves 🙂

Llcoolm
Trainee
Message 22 of 24
Message 22 of 24

@Andi  @daddle  @Fishtown 

Hello guys!

unfortunately the reboots are still happening after the bios updated although a bit less. About 2 during 3 hours gameplay so is the Medion bios .205 the "same" as the MSI 7C79v18 ?  

Best regards

//Llcoolm 

daddle
Superuser
Message 23 of 24
Message 23 of 24

@Llcoolm 

Hi LIcoolm, your PC  unfortunately has the same problems as in the Erazer Engineer X10, where a lot of Users have problems with freezes. They also have a MSI mainboard, but a different one, the ECS B560H6-EM.

There is a long thread about this problems in the german community.

I can not tell you if your setup is prone to exactly the same problems as shown in the german Engineer X10 thread. Your Board is a different one, the MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI. Both PCs have PCP RTX  Nvidia graphic cards, yours a 3070, them a 3080.

Another User with an Engineer P10 also has freezes (MB ECS B560);  his PC has a PCP RTX Nvidia 3060 built in.

But freezes also appear in different models and series.  Common to them ist the graphic card, a PCP RTX in different modifications, 3060, 3070 and 3080. Thats is quite funny. 

Maybe the reason for all the freezes is up to the "PCPARTPICKER" cards, and not originated in the mainboards.

In the german thread basicallly al lot of users complain about continuously appearing  freezes out of the blue.. A new Bios  didn't really help; it seems to have worsened the situation.

But in your case when @Andi says he doesn't know why some identical boards are running a MSI Bios, others an OEM Bios, shows the "confusion" if even a master moderator gives such an evading answer.

So to your freezes @Andi should give you a helping hand.

I compared the MSI  Bios ..180 with the OEM Bios 205  bit for bit  (In Total Commander), there are differences. But I can't say what they mean. It also could be that just the order of some blocks is changed, except of course the identifier, which must be different.

Do you still have the 203 Bios file? Would be nice to do a comparison with that bios too.

In the MSI Bios V.18 the changelog says: 

"This BIOS fixes the following problem of the previous version: - Support M2 PCIE lanes switch function."

Regards, daddle

Dmitri
Visitor
Message 24 of 24
Message 24 of 24

Hallo @Andi,

I have the same issue as many others when it comes to the MSI Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI in combination with a RTX graphic card (mine is a RTX3080).

I get random reboots.

My bios is currently on OEM version E7C79W0X.203 factory build.

Can you send me the lastest right bios update?

My system is

Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 (MD35081)

MSN number is: 20068484

Best regards

23 REPLIES 23