Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 MD35081 randomly reboots

23 REPLIES 23
Llcoolm
Trainee
Message 1 of 24
Message 1 of 24

Medion ERAZER HUNTER X62 MD35081 randomly reboots

Hello Guys!

first time posting so I apologies if this topic is actually answered in this English part of the community 🙂

So I very recently bought this Erazer so I could stop getting my ass kicked in PUBG all the time as my previous rig is over 7 years old (Geforce 970) 😄 

However I am getting random reboots when playing games like PUBG and similar , strangely enough I am not when running stress test etc using 3Dmark or normal web browsing etc. 

So I started googling and found this thread on the German part: https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/High-End-Gaming-PC-Hunter-X20-MD34445-dauernd-restarts...

It looks like exactly same issue and the solution looks promising (thanks google translate!)  However the solution involves downloading a more recent BIOS version from MSI (MPG z490 gaming edge wifi motherboard). But when i download (2 file) it to my prepared USB stick (bootable) the M-FLASH does not see the files, it sees the folder and everything but do not recognize it as bios firmware. 

As Medion is using a more tailored version of MSI how would i go about to upload the stock one?   (version 7C79v18)

Any help is highly appreciated as this rig didn't come cheap 😞

Best regard

23 REPLIES 23
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 24
Message 2 of 24

Hi @Llcoolm , and welcome to the FORUM!

For BIOS updates I'd always recommend using W10 device manager tool.

Right click on Firmware, select the option "Update driver" and you can either let Windows look for the most recent BIOS version for you or you can browse your unit and select the folder on your USB where the files have been downloaded to.

Regards,

Gehringer

Llcoolm
Trainee
Message 3 of 24
Message 3 of 24

Hello  @Gehringer , Many thanks! 🙂

Ahh didn't know that you could do that from there now days 🙂   However i tried and it states its up to date 😞

So the version i have currently running is E7C79W0x.203, Build Date 05/11/2021  the version recommended in the linked thread above is E7C79v18(E7C79IMS.180) newest from MSI for the board.  

So my suspicion is that due to the versioning of the Medion bios firmware, the board does not recognize the MSI bios firmware files...however thats pure speculation 🙂

I dont find any BIOS firmware downloads for this model on the Medion service site either.

I wonder why the other could download and run it on there machines (not exactly the same configurations but same board)

Best Regards!

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 24
Message 4 of 24

@Fishtown ,

since you speak German and has the proper knowledge, would you mind giving me a hand on this issue?

Regards,

Gehringer 

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 24
Message 5 of 24

@Gehringer  @Llcoolm 

May be I can help.

did you decompress the zip file, and put the bin file E7C79IMS.180 file directly into the root folder of your stick?

Not yet the decompressed 7C79v18 folder only by itself?

Regards, daddle

How to flash a Bios --> https://storage-asset.msi.com/files/pdf/How_to_flash_the_BIOS.pdf

Llcoolm
Trainee
Message 6 of 24
Message 6 of 24

Hello @daddle! 🙂

Yes i did , i actually tried different variants (also tried a usb "non-bootable")

I noticed that a guy writing in french in the thread i linked to did have the same problem. 😞

Best regards!

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 24
Message 7 of 24

@Llcoolm 

You can make a USB Stick with Microsofts  Media Creation Tool (google Win 10 Iso), put the bin-file into the rootdirectory (or a second "naked" USB Stick, and after  booting your PC with it  go into Repair options. There you can open a command window, set the Path to the USB Stick with the bin file, and try the Update there. 

Often the OEM Bin file have a different suffix compared to MSI; instead of 180 it may be diffrerent. Although @Andi doesn`t mention it; so it should work with the given MSI naming. Do you have an older Bios to check the suffix, if it is different?

Your battery was loaded beyond 50 %, and your PowerAdapter was connected? This is essential as well.

Regards, daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 24
Message 8 of 24

Hi @Gehringer I'll try once, although it's not entirely clear to me

Hi @Llcoolm and welcome from me too

there is also this solution

you may need the bios 205 from @Andi  from this post:

https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/Medion-Erazer-Hunter-X20/m-p/112156?search-act...

what i don't understand all of them have the same board:

MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

MSN 20067965

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 24
Message 9 of 24

Hi @Fishtown ,

I can't find in your link a Bios 205 to download. Is that why you say you being puzzled, because two same Mainboars have different Bios Upgradability?

That's I guess why you ( or we) don't understand, though they have the same board,  the one (X62,MD 30581) has got an OEM Bios, latest V 205, the other (X20) still the original MSI Bios?

I also got mixed up first. There are a lot of different models X20, dependant on the MSN. In the NL version the barebone has the X62 in it's  name, and there are other  barebones V 2 .

The MD 30581 from the first post is also called in the database a Hunter X 20. 

So we also need the MSN number for the MD 30581; there only is one X20 (BB X62) MD 35081 listed in the database --> MSN 10024085 

@Llcoolm  is this your MSN number? You will find it on the bottom of  the housing on a sticker.

Also there is a NL Hunter X 20 listed. MD 35158 NL, MSN 10024259 with a barebone Z490 Gaming Edge WiFi  with the addendum RKL V2 

It's all quite intricate.

As you said we have to ask @Andi for the Bios for this special X62 OEM-Board.

daddle

Edit: Corrected MD number. Thanks.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 10 of 24
Message 10 of 24

Moin @daddle 

there is also no download, it comes directly from Andi as a personal message

complicated, a bit, I think there is Rev./version 1 .. and version 2 .. of the MB MSI MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI MSN: 20067965 **

MD 34445 / aleX300 has the E7C79IMS.160 from 02/01/2021

MD 35081 / Licoolm has the E7C79W0x.203, Build Date 05/11/2021

** note: what then can not be that the board has the same MSN number!

According to the database it is stored that way!

and two different versions also contradict what Andi wrote:

https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/Medion-Erazer-Hunter-X20/m-p/117644#M12019

it should then be possible to install version 180! so more complicated! Andi will tell us about it on Monday.😀

The x62 has nothing to do with it you will find that with both:

ERAZER Hunter X20 (MD 34445) A-DE N / S BB InWin 103 R.49 X62 bk

ERAZER Hunter X20 (MD 35081) NL BB InWin 103 R.49 X62 bk that only has a meaning with the cassise / design: example:

ERAZER Engineer X20 (MD 34089) DE // BB InWin 301-V2 X32-H bk gl 2x fans

In the past you could find the designs in the operating instructions, see here the different designs, page ii of xx:

http://bda.medion.com/bda_20065043.pdf

Bye Fishtown

(Note: you have a number turner MD30581 instead of MD35081)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
23 REPLIES 23