cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I find out what type of USB-C port i have?

4 REPLIES 4
PK_1
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

How can I find out what type of USB-C port i have?

I have a Medion Erazer P6689 laptop, the model with the i7 CPU. 

it has a USB-C port, but I can't find any info on whether it will work as video out

Anyone know where I can find out? 

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @PK_1 

you have IO Ports: 

1x USB 3.1 Type-C 

2x USB 2.0

1x HDMI Out 

and

1x LAN (RJ45) / 1x Audio-Kombo (Mic in & Audio out) / 1x Card-Reader: 2in1 Multikartenleser (SD-, SDHC- & SDXC)

why don't you use the HDMI port?

if you want to use the USB port connections for video you need a USB to HDMI adapter/converter

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
PK_1
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

hi @Fishtown thanks for the reply.

I can see in the documentation that the usb-c port is 3.1, which supports video, but in device manager in windows i can only see usb 3.0 ports.

I tried using 2 different usb-c to hdmi adapters and a usb-c to displayport adapter but nothing worked.

The reason I want to do this is that I have two external monitors that I would like to use with the laptop, so the hdmi port is already occupied.

Thanks

Paul

Mccarrod
Newcomer
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi Paul, 

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm having a similar issue with wanting to connect 2 monitors. I have purchased an Anker 14 in 1 hub which has 2 HD I ports and works fine from my Dell but the medion only works for usb devices, not the monitors. Any ideas? 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Mccarrod ,

could you serve with the information, which laptop model you own?

Some of the USB-Type C ports just support data transfer, others do support PD or PD, but we need to know the 8-digit- MSN article number (3002xxxx) to sort things out.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
4 REPLIES 4