Did you mean: 

Removing hard drive

8 REPLIES 8
Thjorin
Beginner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Removing hard drive

Hey, i have a question, I'm selling my mom's old PC, but would like to remove hard drive, but don't rly know how to do it with this one? Can u help?

IMG20211128223149.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

@Thjorin 

It would be helpful if you give us a name and the MSN number of your PC.

But generally speaking, the harddisk ist fixed in this cage; I guess one can mobilize this cage, possibly it is hooked into the front panel and fixed itself with a screw.

After this step you will find mostly two screws on both sides of the cage, qhich mounts the HDD:

Cheers, daddle

Thjorin
Beginner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

The only type of screws are those small ones that i can't unscrew with any screwdriver i try

IMG20211130165415.jpg

Thjorin
Beginner
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

•  and here is the other thing

Edit by Admin:
Picture of type plate rejected due to serial number (personal data).
Relevant number: Art.-Nr. (MSN) 10018824

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

@Thjorin 

The pictures can not be seen by now.

But possibly it are just some plastic plugs or pins, which you could extract with a small plier o forceps.

daddle

Thjorin
Beginner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I did remove the plastic pins, but the thing is still held by those tine round head screws that i can't do with any screwdriver i tried

daddle
Superuser
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

@Thjorin

I do think those are rivets, which don't have to be removed. Possibly the HDD is hooked in on one síde, so it must be lifted up on the  opposite side to be releived from the little metal hooks, which are plugged into the screw holes on this  one long side.

An other possibility could be, to dismount the complet e metal cage

daddle

Thjorin
Beginner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

IMG20211202183702.jpg

 the drive won't move any way i try, and the whole casing is being held down with rivets

daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

@Thjorin 

Well, then I don't know anymore. Your picture will be seen to other users only tomorrow.

But if you can't handle this, go to a PC repairshop round the corner. For the technicians there  it is only a question of minutes.

As an alternativ you could destroy the contents of the hard disk to make them unreadable with disk cleaning programs like OW Schredder or Erazer.

daddle

8 REPLIES 8