Did you mean: 

Adding a second hard drive and extra usb ports

16 REPLIES 16
bombheads12
Trainee
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Adding a second hard drive and extra usb ports

Hi ive just purchased a Medion Akoya 67064 MD35098, its literally just out of the box!

Now all i want is a straightforward  answer how can i add a second hard drive Internally, and some extra USB ports. If i cant i will return it to the people i bought it off, and they will in turn either sell it on at a loss or return to you at MEDION. The board looks as though it has slots for me to use IE Sata hard drive connectors but there isnt a cradle. I believe this is a cut down board Ie only supports Graphics card memory and SSD drive and thats your lot! 

is this right MSN number is 10024144  Type MED MT 8277N this equates to MD35097 on your sight but the box it came in says MD35098?

Regards

16 REPLIES 16
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Hi @bombheads12 ,

which one is your case?

This first one:
10022580.png

Or this second one?

10023703.png

Regards,

Gehringer

bombheads12
Trainee
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

Hi Gehringer  thanks for the response my case is the second one  

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Hi @bombheads12 ,

in regards to the connectors, your MB contains:

* 4 x SATA 3 ports (4x black color)
* 1 x M.2 M2_1 (2260 and 2280 size with flexible standoff, SATA mode only)
* 1 x M.2 M2_2 (for PCIe X4 NVMe SSD and Intel Optane module 2260 & 2280)
* 1 x M.2 M2_3 (E-Key 2230 for WLAN only)

So 1 for HDD, 1 for SSD and one for WLAN

Regarding USBs, it contains:

Back panel:
* 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports
* 2x USB 3.0 Type-A ports

Internal connectors:

* 1 x Frontside USB: Cardreader with black plastic header (one port only),
* 1 x USB3.0 H10x2 front header F_USB31_12 (Intel pin out)

So 4 USBs only.

Your MB is ECS B460H6-EM

Regards,
Gehringer

bombheads12
Trainee
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

So you are telling me there are 

"* 4 x SATA 3 ports (4x black color)"   for connections internally ??? Could not use one of these SATA 3 ports to add a SATA 3 Internal drive??

and thank you for the information on the motherboard but really  Gehringer  are you supposed to be an expert ??  I had to " google" to find this information on the motherboard

https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/FAQ-Technische-Spezifikationen-für-das-Mainboard-quot-ECS-B460H...  why isnt this information enclosed with the PC? 

why isnt this information available to the suppliers Ebuyer.com? why isnt this information on your Lidl.com site where you are selling these PC's ?

I am not impressed with your reply. I am sorry but your Kudos is a big fat ZERO from me.

daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

@bombheads12 

You are quite unfriendly, to say it mildly.

I will tryring to help you, but I do not want to hear any of these remarks from you, like you made to @Gehringer  without any rectification to do this.

Of course you can add an internal SSD or HDD; a mounting place even with predrilled holes ist at the bottom of the case. Even a 3.5" HDD would fit. The only thing you need additionally is a SATA-Connection cable, about 40 cm long. A poweradapter is still free.

But you could, also or instead, mount a SATA M2 SSD, because this slot is empty. It is the horizontal M2 slot above the proc cooler, almost under the graphic card.

To get to it, it is advisable to take the graphic card out.

But something is mismatching with your MSN  number: 

The1002 4144 also has the naming P67064 and MD 35098. This I can not  verify in the database. It is without specs listed in the service page also.

But this only says the database must be updated.

If I do check with the P67064 It shows two PC with different MSN numbers (MD 34025) for the may be german market. But this model at least seems to be similar to yours.

The Number MD 35097 gives me an Erazer Engineer P10 with a different MSN; which has B560H8-EM board. But it's a different casing, with a glass sidewall door. 

So we have to ask a Moderator to check for your MSN number and to update database; eg. @Gehringer .

We need to check theMSN number, because only this tells exactly how your PC is outfitted.

But if your motherboard matches the picture  which is shown (carefull, it is build in head over  compared with the picture), then what I said about the free M2 SSD slot, or the mounting of an SSD/HHD on the bottom of the case is correct.

So for final confirmation you have to wait until tomorrow.

A Link with pictures -- > https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/P66089-3-5-quot-Festplatte-nachr%C3%BCsten/m-p...

Cheers, daddle

bombheads12
Trainee
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Daddle well done I congratulate you with your response and your links.

I may have sounded aggressive but really? See it from my point of view for a pc marked admittedly as a gaming pc that's costs over 900 Euros I'm afraid I really do expect built in " expandability" I also expect to see a motherboard diagram included with the PC . Why do I expect this you ask ? Well let's say in the future a part like the ssd drive fails or the graphics card fails " after your guarantee period" how do I know what motherboard it is ? How do I know what ssd drive I should fit. Remember we are in a save the planet mode in these present times.

I like to keep things working and buy replacement parts not throw things away. Because a manufacturer want to hide what components they have put in their PC s 

I have had a Medion Akoya PC before and has stood me well for over 8 years ! 

I added more items to the board myself

Yes you've told me and shown me how this and I am very very grateful but why couldn't gehringer tell me that? 

Oh and the MSN number was queried by me 

20210616_174600.jpg

Regards

Kim 

daddle
Superuser
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

@bombheads12 

I did believe your numbers given. But as I said ist is not listed in the smaller internal Database I can look into, so this MSN number must get updated 

On the service page the MSN 1002 4144 is listed, but without any specs or manuals shown.

But with a different MD 35097 (which in the database is linked to an Engineer P10, MSN 1002 4142). A Mod, eg @Major_ToM should have a look after this.

Here is another link for the same model, which was mentioned here about 8 days ago --> https://community.medion.com/t5/Desktop-PC-All-In-One/Adding-extra-USB-3-ports-to-my-new-Akoya/m-p/1...

This you can find with the search bar yourself.

Regards, daddle

bombheads12
Trainee
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

Thank you Daddle for your responses.

May i suggest that MEDION put instructions inside the supplied  box for keyboard or mouse or even inside the PC case (with a warning stating documents inside dont turn on without removing) showing where items can be mounted. PC's are designed to be upgradeable.

It would stop so much hassle looking on forums to ask silly questions. For example ask a friend to find this forum without "googling" lol

It is such a shame that your PC's are designed  in such a way that its hard to attach extra items, (they could not even place a hard drive cradle inside, just two plastic studs!  I do appreciate times are hard for companies after Covid and they feel the need to maximise their profits to try and regain a strong financial position. But you see im a person that has grown up with PC's since 1999 and i can tell the minute i open the case that an item has quality or price in mind.  It also surprises me that when i find a forum like this thats designed for support, that people are not given the tools to give a detailed response 

Regards

kim

daddle
Superuser
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

@bombheads12 

Basically you are right. But address these arguments please to Medion.

I myself are a User just like you, and no Medion staff!

daddle

16 REPLIES 16