Did you mean: 

Receiving BBC

10 REPLIES 10
IanButcher
New Voice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Receiving BBC

I have a Medion internet radio. I listen to the BBC (Radio 4). Regularly there are announcements that - from mid 2023 - the BBC will no longer be broadcasting on internet through the radio I have. The announcement instructs listeners to contact the manufacturer of the radio (Medion). However, I have been told (by Medion) that Medion (Germany?) has no plans to do anything about this, nor do they have any instructions to their customers. Shouldn’t Medion liaise with the BBC to evaluate what they need to do so that this important service can continue for Medion customers?

10 REPLIES 10
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Hello @IanButcher, and welcome to the community.

Please let us know the MSN number of your device.

BBC will switch off support for Shoutcast if your device has the ability to listen to BBC via HLS / DASH this would be a quick solution.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
IanButcher
New Voice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Dear Clint

thanks for taking time off making movies to help……The number is 50060323

i hope that you can help.

regards

ian

EastClintwood
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Hello @IanButcher,

Please check if the newest firmware is installed:

Check in the menu of the radio under System settings / Update software whether the menu item AUTO-UPDATE is set to YES.

You can also initiate a manual search for the firmware update under Search for software updates.

Unfortunately, there is currently no specific update planned for the BBC's shoutcast shutdown.

Regards,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Buzzi
Newcomer
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I have the same problem as IanButcher.
Can you please tell me how to check if the device has the ability to listen to BBC via HLS / DASH?

MSN is 5006 0292.

Thanks and regards.

IanButcher
New Voice
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Seems to be too late. As from a few days ago I can no longer get BBC Radio 4 on my internet radio. My solution is to get the channel on my iPhone then use a Bluetooth speaker to hear it better. Bit of a faff but it works. BBC seems to be shutting a lot of stuff down, especially abroad (I live in Belgium and Denmark).

Volker24
Beginner
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I have the same question. The MSN of my radio is 50060294. The radio is only 3 years old. 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Volker24 ,

it seems that things behave like  IanButcher confirmed. Maybe his solution works asan alternative)

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Volker24
Beginner
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@Major_ToM Thanks, for the hint, but @IanButcher's method does not make my Medion Internet radio work. As a matter of fact, I am currently using a HomePod Mini to listen to BBC now.Thanks again. 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Volker24 ,

@Volker24  schrieb:

...does not make my Medion Internet radio work.

You mean your radio is completely out of order?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

10 REPLIES 10