Did you mean: 

Medion Long Distance AM/FM Radio E65386

2 REPLIES 2
KeenShopper99
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Medion Long Distance AM/FM Radio E65386

I purchased this radio from my local ALDI store yesterday 24/08/2023.

Reason for purchase was to have a AM/FM radio with ability to preset stations.

The preset station function appears to be working fine so far.

However the Storing Favourites function (page 20 of User Manual) is not working.

After I select a station to be stored as a favourite, I then hold down on of the 4 buttons.

The button I hold down then disappears from the screen display but when I then press that button the station has not been stored.

For example when I tried 1st time, all 4 buttons 1 2 3 4 were displayed on screen.

I then selected a station and held down button 1, until that button disappeared from the screen. When I then pressed button 1 the station I expected did not come on.

Are there some restrictions on using this Storing Favourites feature?

I have followed the instructions on page 20 without success.

2 REPLIES 2
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hello @KeenShopper99 and welcome
I wouldn't understand the instructions any differently than you already have.
Do you have to hold down the button longer?
Hold until the button is confirmed and reappears?
Bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
KeenShopper99
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Hi Fishtown

Thanks for your reply - however holding down the button longer does not make any difference.

I've tried a few options and have discovered the following solutions.

Solution 1

Select the station required to be set as a favourite.

Press and hold the favourite button required until that numbered button disappears from the screen display.

Press that same favourite button again.

The same button will re-appear on the screen display and the station required will be set as a favourite for that button.

Solution 2

(This is basically same as solution 1, except steps above done in a different order.

First press & hold the favourite button required until that numbered button disappears from the screen display.

Select the station required to be set as a favourite.

Press that same favourite button again.

The same button will re-appear on the screen display and the station required will be set as a favourite for that button.

Extra Note

It seems that my new radio came with station numbers preset in the 4 favourite buttons, explaining why I initially saw the 4 buttons displayed on the screen as 1 2 3 4.

So it seems the process of holding the favourite button until it disappears from the display screen effectively clears the stored station from that button.

Hope this all helps any other radio users.

Final Note/Issue

When I set the time, it does not stay stored when radio is switched off from mains power, so need to reset this every time.

Have not tried yet with batteries - maybe time will be stored if batteries in use??

2 REPLIES 2