Did you mean: 

TFT screen bad

3 REPLIES 3
RandomID
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

TFT screen bad

MEDION 2.1 WIRELESS LAN INTERNET RADIO LIFE P85025 (MD86955) bought in 2017.

The colour TFT screen has vertical, white lines making it difficult to read.  Also, there is a thick, white band on the right, but I think it's getting wider.  Eventually, I expect the screen will show one , big, wide, white band ... so display no information.

This is what tends to happen to LED / TFT screens over time.  

The screen is said to be a 6.10 cm/2.4 TFT colour display

Can this be replaced ?  I can replace it myself if I can find a suitable screen.  Does anyone have any information about finding a replacement - and how to actually attach it to the radio ? 

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
EastClintwood
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @RandomID, and welcome to the community.

The screen is currently unavailable you can start a request here:
MEDION Service

Then you will get an info when or if the item is available for order.

Greetings,
EastClintwood

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
RandomID
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Unfortunately, it seems the screen is not simply temporarily out of stock ... it's permanently out of stock.  So Medion do not have a replacement for a component which is very likely to go wrong.

If anyone knows how to obtain a suitable screen and how to physically change it, I'll be very happy 

RandomID
New Voice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

I think that I might be able to buy a suitable small TFT screen on Ali Express.  

Can anyone provide details on exactly what the specification of the screen should be AND

how to replace it ?

3 REPLIES 3