Medion TV Wireless display

11 REPLIES 11
Fvogels
New Voice
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Medion TV Wireless display

Hi everybody,

I recently bought a Medion TV. The TV should have the so called "wireless display" function. However I walked into the following problem:

I do find the Wireless Display option in my input list, but as soon as I select it, the TV loses the internet connection. As a result my phone can't find the TV to cast to. 

To be sure of my conclusion I even used the Medion Wireless remote app with which I selected the Wireless Display input. As soon as I did that, I couldn't use the Wireless remote app anymore (which indicates that the internet connection of the TV is lost, as the Wireless remote app is based on an internet connection). So it definitely is the internet connection of the TV that is the issue. 

I do have to mention that I have never had difficulties with the internet connection of the TV when using Netflix or YouTube, the problem only pops up when I want to use the Wireless Display function. 

Is there anybody that knows the problem and/or knows a solution to the problem??

Thanks in advance!!!

Vogels

11 REPLIES 11
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Hi @Fvogels and welcome to the FORUM!

Can you please provide the MSN number of your TV?

It is an eight-digits number printed in the label behind your TV.

It should probably start by 300 or 500

In the meanwhile, because your wireless connection works fine with other apps, I think it may be a matter of configuration.

Have you already tried to restore your TV to its factory settings (aka first time configuration)?

Regards,

Gehringer

Fvogels
New Voice
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Hi @Gehringer, thanks for your reaction.

No, I have not tried to reset the TV to its factory settings, I could try that.

However I would prefer to wait  for your possible solution because I will lose all my settings :).

Because I mounted my TV to the wall, and a metal component of that mount is in front of the 8 digit code I can't give you my MSN code. I do however have the type code for you: MEDION LIFE P13284/MD31384.

I hope you know what the problem could be! Thanks in advance.

Vogels

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

@Fvogels 

The MSN number you also can find on the box, in which the TV was packed. You should keep the box if possible anyway for later transport  by moving, or sending it to a repair place, eg Medion Service.

daddle

Gehringer
Retired
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hi @Fvogels ,

well, unfortunately in your case, the first option would be to perform a reset to the factory settings.

Regards,

Gehringer

PieterPAM
New Voice
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Hi,

I have the same problem with my MD32060 (50” tv screen).

I already have rest the tv to factory settings after updating the tv to the latest firmware.

hope that this will be solved soon...

GreetZ,

Pieter

PieterPAM
New Voice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hi all,

I found that I also have the problem that the information sticker of the TV is located right under the location where the wall mound base must be attached to the TV.

Suggestion to Medion:

Place the information sticker not on the location where the wall mount should be placed...

BeardGuy
Beginner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I have the same problem, but with a brand new, just released Medion Life x16595 (MD 32195).  
It’s really really irritating, it seems like it’s for no reason at all, I’ve looked through all the settings and can’t find anything!

Please Medion, please fix this!

PieterPAM
New Voice
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

Hi BeardGuy,

I found the answer in the manual that it only works for Android devices and not for Apple devices....

so it seems there is not much we can do...

GreetZ,

Pieter

gescat
Beginner
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Which was the solution to make this work?

11 REPLIES 11