Medion Erazer X6805 boot order keeps changing

20 REPLIES 20
Darious_M
Trainee
Message 1 of 21
Message 1 of 21

Medion Erazer X6805 boot order keeps changing

Hi there

Is it possible to get a new bios for the Medion X6805 - MD 61140 Erazer laptop  MSN - 30025007?

Current bios is N.1.03

For some reason the boot order keeps changing to default.

Thanks in advance!!

20 REPLIES 20
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 21
Message 2 of 21

@Darious_M 

Hi Darous, which other boot media is listed in Bios menu - Boot? If it are not uefi capable boot media they can be put at the end of the list. Depending on the UEFI Bios.  

You can get the Bios boot menu ísolated on the screen by pressing the F8 or F10 tab when starting the PC. For Tongfang Barebones it could be another F tab. Try F7, F9  or others. May be you find it in Bios, or disabling Quietboot.

The Bios Logo often s gives you a hint which tab to choose. 

And then klicking on the boot media of your choice. 

About a Bios Update you have to ask a moderator

Cheers daddle

Darious_M
Trainee
Message 3 of 21
Message 3 of 21

Thank you @daddle 

All options are there and the Laptop will boot up and will load windows, but if I go back to the bios, the boot options have gone back to default when it should have kept UEFI HDD Windows Boot Manager as the first option.

Can I please, ask a Moderator to provide me with a link to update the BIOS?

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 21
Message 4 of 21

@Darious_M 

That is not a question of a  Bios-Update.

But you did not answer my question which and if any other UEFI capable boot media is installed on your PC?

If it is only the  HDD with the Windows Boot Manager then this will be first and only choice to boot from. Then it doesn't matter at all in which posiition it is listed.

All the other predefined items as CD/DVD or UEFI CD/DVD, USB Harddisk or UEFI USB Harddisk etc. do not interfere with the bootorder, as far they do not contain an UEFI bootable media. And if yes, it will keep the bootorder you do preset, as long as you leave the bios with Save and Exit, and confirm your changes  with Yes.

But you prefer not to answer this question.

The best would be you post a screenshot from the bootorder, with your settings, and after reboot

@Darious_M  schrieb:

All options are there and the Laptop will boot up and will load windows, but if I go back to the bios, the boot options have gone back to default when it should have kept UEFI HDD Windows Boot Manager as the first option.

I do not understand what you actually want. It doesn't boot into Windows after reboot anymore?

daddle

Darious_M
Trainee
Message 5 of 21
Message 5 of 21

There are no other bootable devices present.

I set up a Raid 0 before these started. And I don’t really have a major issue. I just want to have the latest BIOS, so I am sure the Laptop has best Firmware on. Please see photos attached!

Darious_M
Trainee
Message 6 of 21
Message 6 of 21

Darious_M
Trainee
Message 7 of 21
Message 7 of 21

Back as it wasBack as it wasMy settingMy settingBiosBios

Darious_M
Trainee
Message 8 of 21
Message 8 of 21

Is there a new Bios for my Laptop?

daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 21
Message 9 of 21

@Darious_M 

Then why do you make such a fuss (fake) about the bootorder? You should have issued the question if there is a newer bios directly.

New  bios update comes through device manager. Check for system  firmware update in Device Manager.

daddle

Darious_M
Trainee
Message 10 of 21
Message 10 of 21

@daddle 

Thank you for your support,

However, I am not making any fuss, I simply stated on my first message, what I thought was the problem and asked for a BIOS update if that was possible!?

Why do you think is is appropriate to talk to me this way and tell me that my problem is “fake”?

if you have a particular issue with me asking a simple question as a new member! And want to educate me, I have no problem with that. I am happy to learn.

I will be very happy if experienced members try to help me and not patronise me in the process.

at the end of the day my bios is pretty old, and I provided all details. 
can some moderators be helpful and help me without patronising me?

20 REPLIES 20