Did you mean: 

odd startup problem re. bios showing and Medion keyboard not working properly

1 REPLY 1
martinmt
Apprentice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

odd startup problem re. bios showing and Medion keyboard not working properly

i've suddenly encountered some strange behaviour today with my erazer x6807 - which has been working fine - apart from a strange display screen problem that i posted about a few weeks ago which resolved itself.

When starting up today, i repeatedly had a bios screen flash up (this was showing bios info and other internal settings info such as ram etc in a text format that looked like windows 3.1).

initially i could ignore this, which i did, but then after a couple of restarts to hope it would go away - i found my keyboard settings seem to have gone weird. my return key now gives a hash symbol, and my shift keys do not work so i cannot bring up brackets etc. i have looked at keyboard settings and they are all UK as expected.   After a few more restarts, i got to the windows log in asking for a pin, but i couldnt enter a pin - it was like the keyboard was disabled. a few restarts later - and i could get in, but am now here with all the keyboard problems.  i have just run malwarebytes which hasnt found anything.   i cannot see any way to update the bios. is there anything i can try - the lack of shift key action is very frustrating.

I just connected an external keyboard - and - as you can see, it is working fine (return key worked!) - so this must be an issue with the driver or something on the medion keyboard itself.  All the other keys also work fine when using the external USB keyboard including shifted keys on the external keyboard.  Does anyone know how I can reset the internal keyboard settings somehow!? Thanks in advance.

I have not installed any new software lately or made any changes that I am aware of. 

Just checked and my current bios is:  BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. N.1.06, 10/09/2018

1 REPLY 1
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @martinmt ,

first of all I can provide a newer Bios ( V 1.13), which can be downloaded here and is to be run via the device manager.
Unzip the downloaded file, open the dev man(see similar pic below), move to the category Firmware, then System Firmware and choose "Update driver"
FWup_via_GM_01.jpg

Nevertheless reading your report it might turn out to be a complication with the internal keyboard controller or alternatively an internal cabel, thar leads to the issues..
Did you already perform a test with the MEDION Service APP ?
Before sending it in, you also could reinstall the complete system, but in case an ext. keyboard is working wel I´d rather assume this to be a hardware problem.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
1 REPLY 1