cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIN10 - How do I turn off capslock and numlock popups?

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
InteractiveCD
Newcomer
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

WIN10 - How do I turn off capslock and numlock popups?

When caps lock or number lock are toggled, a reminder pops up at the top left of the screen. (MEDION ERAZER DEPUTY P25)

How do I disable this? (checked ease of access settings and notification settings, all relevant options are off.)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johnmo89
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

This is not a windows feature. This is the responsibility of a third party program.
In my case it was Hkcmd. Depending on the brand of your hardware it might be something else, but it will be something related to hotkeys or an abbreviation that (HK)
solution:
1. Task Manager ---> startup -->
2. locate Hkcmd
3. disable it from starting when windows starts
4. restart pc

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @InteractiveCD ,

you can feel free to arrange this via the regedit.
Go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\
Control Panel\
Keyboard\

In the keyboard folder, you search for the string value named "InitialKeyboardIndicators" with put the value to 1 which should disable NumLock

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Johnmo89
Beginner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

This is not a windows feature. This is the responsibility of a third party program.
In my case it was Hkcmd. Depending on the brand of your hardware it might be something else, but it will be something related to hotkeys or an abbreviation that (HK)
solution:
1. Task Manager ---> startup -->
2. locate Hkcmd
3. disable it from starting when windows starts
4. restart pc

2 REPLIES 2