cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop came with invalid Windows 10 key. Can I get another?

18 REPLIES 18
TheUberMedic
New Voice
Message 1 of 19
Message 1 of 19

Laptop came with invalid Windows 10 key. Can I get another?

Strangely, the key that came with my new laptop wasn't valid so I assumed this is an error with Medion as the laptop was brand new and when I first started it up, it acted like it was the first time it was turned on. Is it possible to get another key?

18 REPLIES 18
mvde
Apprentice
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Hi @Major_ToM ,

the plan is not really useful as I cannot start a cmd-window (it complains Windows is still in safe mode)

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Hi @mvde,

would be interesting to have any "visual documentation" of the messages, that indicated that you might have an invalid key. Are there any sceenshots available?
The more, the better, so that we could address this topic internally.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
mvde
Apprentice
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Hi @Major_ToM ,

here 2 screenshots: the first one with the error message (in Dutch) and the other one with a screenshot of the output of ShowKeyPlus that reveals the entire Key (which is obscured by XXX's in the original error-message).

2021-02-24 (2).png

2021-02-25.png

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

Hi @mvde ,

would please click on "Troubleshooting" under the message that Windows could not be activated?
We have another customer case for whom this has helped.

Regards

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
mvde
Apprentice
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Hi @Major_ToM 

actually , that was the first thing I tried (multiple times now) and it always ends with the same message:  (message actually in Dutch, but I translated it to the best of my ability)

"Troubleshooting finished

Troubleshooting could not be completed by an unknown cause. Please check your internet connection and try again in a few minutes (0x80070005)

Windows can't be activated on this device. Please contact support for help

You can activate this device by going to the Microsoft Store and buy an legitimate copy of windows there"

and then a button to go to the Microsoft Store

When I click on that button it brings up the Microsoft Store and it states (always in Dutch, so I translated again) I have a non-legitimate version of Windows 10 Home and presents two buttons:

"Upgrade to Pro"    (which I do not want to do)

"Become a legitimate Windows 10 Home"   (which actually does something in the background; circling dots showing for a few seconds and than shows this page again)

Hope that sheds some light on the issue...

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

Hi @mvde ,

just want to give you an updated status on this: Our technical dept. has been working on this issue (specificly appearing on your AKOY E14304 MD 63780 modell) and it looks like they are close toa solution which will be provided the beginning of next week the latest.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

mvde
Apprentice
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Hi @Major_ToM 

thanks for the update. Looking forward to the resolution of the issue.

daddle
Superuser
Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

@TheUberMedic  schrieb:

Strangely, the key that came with my new laptop wasn't valid so I assumed this is an error with Medion as the laptop was brand new and when I first started it up, it acted like it was the first time it was turned on. Is it possible to get another key?

Hi,

I am interestedd to find out the solution for thi problem.

The Thread just stopped without showing the solutuíon to this special problem.

Cheers, daddle

mvde
Apprentice
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Medion Servicedesk supplied a new key, I installed it and the problem was solved. Windows now activated.

18 REPLIES 18