Did you mean: 

Invalid Windows Key after Reinstall

3 REPLIES 3
dhurley
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Invalid Windows Key after Reinstall

I recently purchased a Medion ERAZER X87104 (MD34945) and am having some issues. When I first installed and went into windows I accidently signed in with my work account so wanted to reset windows back to factory settings.

When I done that the installation got stuck at 66% for over an hour so I stupidly turned off the PC to see if that would fix it..... It didnt.

From there I had a corrupt installation of windows and the Windows RE couldnt fix it.

I needed to use diskpart to clear the ssd drive and reinstall windows on it fresh (Using the windows media tool). All is working fine however now the Windows key that is on the back of the case does not work.

Not sure where to go from here or how to fix it. The sticker on my case says windows home oem software,  I installed Windows Home N. Could this be the issue?
3 REPLIES 3
Datwozza
Apprentice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Did it ask for a windows activation while installing windows?

dhurley
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

It did, but I said skip for now. 

Datwozza
Apprentice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Oh, usually if it dont ask for a key then its activated.

If u cant activate it in windows then its probaly invalid. It dont really matter what version of windows you have.

If u have a pro key but have the home version the key will install the pro version when the key is entered.

3 REPLIES 3