INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY (RST) Services is not running

3 REPLIES 3
atttim
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

INTEL RAPID STORAGE TECHNOLOGY (RST) Services is not running

MY: PC AKOYA P5372 H MSN10020616

1. The above info is shown on the Intel RSG Icon in my Start Up items box next to my Time And Date area on the RH lower part of the Screen

2. Intel inform users(Me !!) to go to their Manufactures in the fist place as they , Medion, may well have the correct driver for this Intel Known Fault, and not to download the Intel Generic Driver which they also make available to download if there is one NOT available from MEDION.

3. I have been a Medion purchaser since approx 2003 and when I last needed to go and get any Medion Drivers for my various devices, these were always available on entering the infamous MSN Number where all the Drivers were located.

WHY CANNOT I NOW ENTER MY MSN NUMBER TO DOWNLOAD A POSSIBLE UPDATED DRIVER FROM MEDION ???

If anyone could pse assist me on both my questions that would be greatly appreciate

3 REPLIES 3
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @atttim ,

Medion now makes all drivers updates available via Device Manager tool on W10.

To understand how to update these drivers, please check this topic here

Regards,

Gehringer

atttim
Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I am looking at the DEVICE MANAGER of which you speak, could you advise me as to where in the list shown, how do I get to the correct area/location within the Device manager of the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Services item that I need to Update as per your link ??

Thanks

Gehringer
Retired
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @atttim ,

to find your device on the list, please expand "Storage Controllers".
Right-click Intel® Chipset SATA/PCIe RST Premium Controller.
Click "update driver"
Select the option to search for an update automatically

Regards,

Gehringer

3 REPLIES 3