S2218 notebook Date not retained

SOLVED
2 REPLIES 2
Goldflipflop
New Voice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

S2218 notebook Date not retained

For my S2218 notebook the Date/TIme is not retained after power off.     Does this machine have a replaceable CMOS battery?    If not, any suggestions for solving this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Goldflipflop
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank you to Fishtown for the pointer to another contribution.

My S2218 had been without power for about 6 months. I think the main battery was completely empty.  After the machine had received some charge it was able to run. It started with a default date. After a short run with network connection it received network time.  The S2218 realtime clock was then correct.  After a power down and restart the Date and TIme started correctly without any network update.   Problem gone away!

I think this means the Realtime clock is supported by the Main battery possibly indirectly via a rechargeable motherboard battery.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Goldflipflop and welcome

According to this German contribution, she has a CMOS battery

https://community.medion.com/t5/Notebook-Netbook/MEDION-AKOYA-S2218-MD-99595-wie-%C3%B6ffnen-um-CMOS...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Goldflipflop
New Voice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Thank you to Fishtown for the pointer to another contribution.

My S2218 had been without power for about 6 months. I think the main battery was completely empty.  After the machine had received some charge it was able to run. It started with a default date. After a short run with network connection it received network time.  The S2218 realtime clock was then correct.  After a power down and restart the Date and TIme started correctly without any network update.   Problem gone away!

I think this means the Realtime clock is supported by the Main battery possibly indirectly via a rechargeable motherboard battery.

2 REPLIES 2