Did you mean: 

REPLACMENT MOBO FOR ERAZER X7857

6 REPLIES 6
Kikiriki
Trainee
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

REPLACMENT MOBO FOR ERAZER X7857

Hello! Can someone help me find a place i can find a replacment mobo for my laptop because the gpu is dead and i want to get a new motherboard

Hallo! Kann mir jemand helfen, einen Ort zu finden, an dem ich ein Ersatzmobo für meinen Laptop finden kann, weil die GPU kaputt ist und ich mir ein neues Motherboard zulegen möchte?

Cheers Kikiriki

6 REPLIES 6
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

@Kikiriki 

because it is clevo barebone, you should ask @Fishtown.He can tell if you can get a mainboard replacement from the Clevo support page.

By naming Fishtown he will be informed already about your request for a replacement part.

Cheers daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hello @Kikiriki 
This will be difficult, especially since they don't even specify which x7857 it is.

Please provide MSN number, they were sold with different CPUs.

Speaking of CPU:

Hello @Andi  (moderator), a question of understanding:

Medion service page from x7857: https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/de/p/gehause-medion-x7857-md-61081--de-30024659

Why does a mainboard with CPU (MSN40062836) cost 171,17 € and a CPU alone (400665442), very cheaply😁, costs 336,87 €?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Kikiriki
Trainee
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hi @Fishtown 

I have absolute no idea how to find my MSN but if you need my CPU cause there were two separate models I'll give you it my CPU is: Intel Core i7 -7830HK 2.90GHz and I need a new motherboard cause my gpu is causing havoc

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Hello @Kikiriki 
Depending on the model, a different CPU was installed on the x7857, there were probably two CPUs.
Your  Intel Core i7-7820HK 2.90GHz costs 445,11 € alone without the board and is not in stock.

https://www.medion.com/medionserviceshop/de/p/prozessor-prozessor-intel-i7-7820-2-9ghz-40062838

The question arises as to the cost-effectiveness for a 7-year-old device.

Alternative: you may find a used one with a damaged keyboard or display.

here for example: but it is a CPU i7-7700hq/ You can resell the other two computers

https://www.ebay.de/itm/285974868997?chn=ps&_ul=DE&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=707-134425-41852-0&mkcid=...
What exactly is the problem with the GPU?

You write in your first post here in the community that it is broken, how do you know that exactly and how does it manifest itself?
Is it possible that something is missing when installing the graphics due to the installation of all the other operating systems?

Which operating system is currently installed?

Which graphics doesn't work, the NVIDIA N17E-G2-A1 GTX1070 or the Intel® HD Graphics 630?

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Kikiriki
Trainee
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi @Fishtown 

Well whenever I install Nvidia drivers the whole computer basically makes itself unsable after 1 minute it puts it's fans on max and turns itself off I tried turning the gpu off in the device manager but it freezes itself and turns itself off before I can turn off the gpu and now it fully recognized the gpu when I reset the device and it crashes on the setup and just doesn't let me install windows 11 anymore telling me my laptop is unsupported 

Cheers Kikiriki

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hello @Kikiriki 
restore the factory settings with which it was delivered (win10). with the help of a USB stick and of the Media Creation Tool.

then load the optimized defaults in the bios.

If necessary, you have already found drivers on the Medio page.
and then see if the graphics are still crazy and your device crashes as a result.
This is the only way to say more precisely whether there is a defect and not an incompatibility with Win11.

bye Fishtown

6 REPLIES 6