8 ANTWORTEN 8
davidca1
New Voice
Nachricht 1 von 9
3.651 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 9
3.651 Aufrufe

Monitor connection (2)

I'm still unable to connect my Medion Akoya S4403 laptop to a monitor - I am using the USB 3.1 port 11 on left side of laptop, but the laptop is still not detecting monitor.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

8 ANTWORTEN 8
daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 9
3.646 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 9
3.646 Aufrufe

@davidca1 

No wonder! In your other thread you tried to connect via HDMI cable. This will not work, your Monitor offers only a VGA and a HDMI port, the laptop  a display port connection only.

Because the USB 3.1 Port (Type C)  only offers Display port connection,

This is what your manual says on Page 22 left side view No .11 .

To make use for a monitor with display port connection on the laptops side you have to make use of a suitable adapter USB C to Display port, to connect the display port cable. 

And you will need on the monitors side a second adapter:

1. or a display port to HDMI port adapter, or 2. a display port to VGA port adapter.

Adapters you can buy at your local dealer, via Amazon or via ebay. 

Regards, daddle

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 3 von 9
3.644 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 9
3.644 Aufrufe

@Luke 

Is your forums time clock not yet synchronized?  I post at 20:15 hours winter time, but the forum displays 19:15 hours  ???

In summer time it would be 21:14 hours already. So I guess  the time was synchronized, but the wrong way round 😉

PS:  If  the english forum part is utilizing Greenwich Time, then displaying the time in the german part should be in local time.

which as I believe has been so before.

Gruss, daddle

davidca1
New Voice
Nachricht 4 von 9
3.627 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 9
3.627 Aufrufe

Thank-you for your reply. It is important on a forum like this that we remain polite and respectful of each other. By saying 'no wonder!' you are doing neither.

If we all knew the answers then there would be no need for a forum like this would there?

So you are aware, I am using adaptors for the laptop and the monitor but I am still not able to connect the monitor.

We welcome help but not if it is offered in a patronising way. I see from previous posts that you have offended people with the language you use  on this forum, so perhaps it is time to refect on the way you are communicating with other users?

davidca1
New Voice
Nachricht 5 von 9
3.626 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 9
3.626 Aufrufe

Just to be clear my post is in reply to the post from @daddle

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 6 von 9
3.620 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 9
3.620 Aufrufe

@davidca1 

Nope. And to say "no wonder" is not an offense, neither it is disrespectful. 

I gave you  technical informations and  hints for the two adaptors, you must  use. Thats helpful, 

@davidca1  wrote now, but  never before:

So you are aware, I am using adaptors for the laptop and the monitor but I am still not able to connect the monitor.

You never mentioned the use of adapters. Not in this thread nor in your first:  

@davidca1  schrieb:

Hello, can anyone advise me how to connect a S4403 Medion Akoya laptop to a monitor?

I have tried connecting to the HDMI port on the monitor from the USB port on the laptop but it doesn't work. 

So talking about politness, I call your behaviour unpolite and disrespectful to the other users trying to help you not to inform them with all related and important facts, about what you did or did try  so far, 

The same unpolite way is to just  open a second thread with the same question as last post in the other thread,

Without giving a feedback to supporting  @Fishtown  if his last suggestions helped. 

This really is distasteful. And you talk about me being unpolite?

And if you really did use adaptors already, which I doubt, why didn't you inform about?

Thats the first thing one would tell saying I can not connect to a second monitor  "inspite of using the needed adaptor"?

daddle

davidca1
New Voice
Nachricht 7 von 9
3.612 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 9
3.612 Aufrufe

Monitor connection 

Your reply sums it up - you are a ****, **** and **** individual.

Insults deleted, please note the netiquette

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 8 von 9
3.608 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 9
3.608 Aufrufe

@davidca1 

Wow!  This feeds my depression.  🤣

Rex
Community Manager
Community Manager
Nachricht 9 von 9
3.562 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 9
3.562 Aufrufe

Please respect the netiquette (no personal attacks) and stay on topic!

Rex

MEDION AG - A Lenovo Company • Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: www.facebook.com/MEDIONDeutschland

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
8 ANTWORTEN 8