Keyboard typing strange characters

12 REPLIES 12
OliRichards
Beginner
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Keyboard typing strange characters

Hi All,

I bought a Medion Akoya S3409 a couple of months ago.  Some of the keys have suddenly gone strange.  For example now when I type 'e' it types '.e' and when I type a it types '/a'. It's made the computer effectively useless.  Could anyone help??? Did I press something by mistake?

thanks,

Oli

12 REPLIES 12
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 11 of 13
Message 11 of 13

hi @OliRichards,

Try this: enable or disable the Windows key on the keyboard.

Try the FN key or Ctrl + FN,

or Alt+Shift

Get the on-screen keyboard, if that is all right certainly the keyboard is broken.

Go to Start, then select Settings> Ease of Use> Keyboard, and then move the slider to On Screen Keypad. The screen displays a keyboard that can be used to navigate the screen and to enter text. The keyboard will stay on the screen until you close it.

Good luck-Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
daddle
Superuser
Message 12 of 13
Message 12 of 13

@Raymond  schrieb:

@daddle

Wie Du hier User, die Hilfe suchen angehst, ist echt nicht schön und vor allem auch Respektlos.  Gut, dass auch mal jemand die Chuzpe besitzt, Dir das unter die Nase zu reiben.

@OliRichards

A possible explanation would be crumbs between or under the keys. Perhaps the easiest attempt to write "clean" words again. Turn the laptop upside down so that the buttons are pointing down. Then shake and move back and forth. Then a lot of crumbs should fall out. As I said, it's worth a try,vor with a vacuum cleaner with a small scale front nozzle use vacuuming.

greetings Raymond

@Raymond

Welch ein Unsinn. This is an english thread. You should write in english.

What a nuisance. I only suggested there could have been a fluid, e.g. "Glühwein" been

spilled over his keyboard. Most of the times  this is the reason if a keyboard behaves strange. 

One little single drop could be enough to kill a keyboard.

Das ist weder die User "angehen" noch "respektlos", sondern eine Vermutung, ein Hinweis.

Und deine "Krümeltheorie" ist dann schon viel eher respektlos und albern, dem User zu unterstellen er hätte 

seine Tastatur des wenige Monate alten Laptop so verschmutzt, also zugekrümelt, abgesehen davon dass

Krümel nicht solche Missinterpretationen der Tastatur - Matrix machen wie geschildert.

@OliRichards

Not having your keyboard physically here for diagnosis, it is difficult to find the reason. The reason could be a loosened flat ribbon cable in the cable connector.  Check if you can find a Youtube-video showing how to get to the keyboard connection cable.

Did you reset your Laptop to factory-defaults? If it has Power Rercover installed, you can do this by pressing the F11 keys shortly after Start Up. If the keyboard then works faultlessly, something with your Installation at now is wrong, but you can be sure it is no hardware issue. If not, I would send it to medion service for repair. You might have guarantee for this, if you did not treat it in a wrong way.

Ask the Medion-Service for a retour ticket; the address you can find on the included guarantee-card or on the service-page.

regards, daddle

Raymond
Scientist
Message 13 of 13
Message 13 of 13

@OliRichards

Replacement keyboard for Medion Akoya S3409 79€

https://picclick.de/Medion-Akoya-S3409-Tastatur-Bezel-Touchpad-222695175894.html

or buy at  ebay

cheers

Raymond

12 REPLIES 12