I Need Help. Back Light On An Eraser Notebook P17815

3 REPLIES 3
hennis
New Voice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

I Need Help. Back Light On An Eraser Notebook P17815

Hey there,

Does anyone have any clue why when I restart my Eraser P17815 the back light does not seem to come on?

A moderator from this site said its a Clevo NH70RD

It is really annoying as when the computers doing updates it wont restart. I have to leave the computer about 5 to 10 mins, and then the backlight comes back on. I've never known any laptop to do this. Too explain in a bit more details, it tries to restart, but just goes to a black screen, like the lights not coming on?

I have just updated to Windows 11, and hoped that this would sort out the restart issue and black screen, but it does the same thing, so for me this has to be something to do with the functionality setting on the laptop.

The screen is not broken, as I am on the laptop right now typing this message post.

Any help on how to reset this would be amazing,

Thanks. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Fishtown
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hello @hennis ,

the best thing to do is to completely reinstall Win 10. If required, you can find drivers on the D/Recover drive or on the Medion service page:

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/product-detail/30028173

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
hennis
New Voice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hey there.

Thanks for the reply. How can I reinstall windows if I can not see the screen on a restart, I have not done this for that reason.

As I mentioned today I put windows 11 on, so there is a new version of windows but a black screen when I hit restart, then after leaving the laptop off for a while, the light comes back on??

I would love to know if there is a way to reinstall the functions on the laptop. I read some where Powershell?

This is the problem from the user manual.

<The screen is black.
• This fault can have various causes:
−− The operating light (on/off switch) does not light up and the Notebook is in
hibernation.>

Let me know when you can?

Have a good night.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @hennis ,#

sorry for the late reply, but I´d like to suggest to open up a service case for this issue, if it is hardware related (what is my impression).

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3