Mach59
Trainee
Message 1 sur 15
3 046 Visites
Message 1 sur 15
3 046 Visites

EXTRACT BIOS FILES

Hello

I need to re-flash the BIOS on my Medion Akoya E6415. The computer won't start after a failed BIOS update. I have downloaded the BIOS files from the Medion site but it is an .EXE file. I was going to use a CH341A to re-flash the chip but I believe I need the .BIN file to do this. Does anyone have the files for the e64 series or P66 series as separate files and not an EXE.

Thanks

14 RÉPONSES 14
daddle
Superuser
Message 11 sur 15
1 276 Visites
Message 11 sur 15
1 276 Visites

@Mach59 

Yes there is the bin-file in x:\ Downloads\00_Bios_pgt_D15D_full.zip\ Factory \ ME \ BDWMEPV.bin.

In the same decompressed folder there is the folder  Factory \ Bios, in there you find the factory rom 

-->> x:\Downloads\ 00_Bios_pgt_D15D_full.zip \ Factory \ BIOS \ D15DMD.703.

Seeing you are not very used to flashing a Bios you should ask @Major_ToM first, in which order you should flash: first the

x:\..\..\ Factory \ MEBDWMEPV.bin ?  And then the Bios rom D15DMD.703,  or vice versa. 

Or go to a specialized Bios shop, they flash a new Bios for round about 20,- €.

This is a german repair service  --> https://www.biosflash.com/bios-chip-programmierung.htm#up

(check the bios chip specs)

Or check this site  --> https://www.flashrom.org/

Cheers. daddle

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 12 sur 15
1 263 Visites
Message 12 sur 15
1 263 Visites

Hi @Mach59 ,

nice, that it (finally) worked out.
But also you should think about taking @daddles advice instead of running the risk of wrecking your machine.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mach59
Trainee
Message 13 sur 15
1 230 Visites
Message 13 sur 15
1 230 Visites

Many thanks to @Major_ToM and @daddle 

I will check to see if a local shop can do the re-flash for about € 20. The laptop is 8/9 years old and it is not worth spending too much money on it.

Thanks again.

Mach59
Trainee
Message 14 sur 15
1 051 Visites
Message 14 sur 15
1 051 Visites

Hello @daddle @Major_ToM 

Again thanks for your previous help.

Local shops where I live in the UK want £50 or more to reflash the chip.

As I am not someone to give up on a problem, I have removed the board from the laptop chassis and have noticed that there are two chips on the board that look like BIOS chips. One is an MX25L1673E  and the other is a WINBOND 2503 2FV S10. I have tried to find mainboard diagrams on the web but there don't seem to be any. The manufacturer logo looks like a backwards R and a U - cRUs. Do you know who makes these boards?

Thanks

John

daddle
Superuser
Message 15 sur 15
1 028 Visites
Message 15 sur 15
1 028 Visites

@Mach59 

My net salary used to be more than that hourly. But this is not the point. I do support here for free, as all the other Users do as well.

But You can not expect other people to train a layperson and be guided by other people for hours, which comes out useless anyway. 

The Laptop is  already quite old. Is it worthwhile  to invest so much time, with the great risk that you will not succeed?

And how did it happen? I speak about the faulty Bios Update, you were talking about? Was it the Bios from the service page?

You can of course go on checking things for yourself, for your own pleasure.  

The Board is a Pegatron E6415 / D15DUN Medion I.S. Board 

Cheers, daddle

14 RÉPONSES 14