EXTRACT BIOS FILES

14 REPLIES 14
Mach59
Trainee
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

EXTRACT BIOS FILES

Hello

I need to re-flash the BIOS on my Medion Akoya E6415. The computer won't start after a failed BIOS update. I have downloaded the BIOS files from the Medion site but it is an .EXE file. I was going to use a CH341A to re-flash the chip but I believe I need the .BIN file to do this. Does anyone have the files for the e64 series or P66 series as separate files and not an EXE.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Hi @Mach59 ,

we and our Community folks would surely like to assist you on your question,but there´s lots of information to be provided from your side.

First of all we need the 8-digit- MSN article numner (3001xxxx) which is placed on a sticker onto the lower case of the laptop to identify your machine.
Which operating system are you running, where did you download which version of the update (Win8 or Win 10) and did you ever tried updating the Bios via the Win Update functionality (including optional updates?).

Dis you unzip the downloaded file and how did you proceed step by step...?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mach59
Trainee
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hello Major Tom

Thanks for your reply. Here are the details of my laptop:

Medion Akoya E6415. MD 99935. MSN 30020527. It is running Windows 10. I got the BIOS update from the Medion website. I ran the stand alone  .exe file which then started the update process whilst windows was running. The issue occurred because I restarted the laptop too soon. It was my fault! It now does not start at all. Luckily I have another laptop to use. I just bought a new battery and have added a 500Gb SSD and I wanted to use it until Windows 10 support stops next year. Hope this information helps.

John

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@Mach59 

If you want to make Major_ToM aware of your post, you must address him bei settting an  @  in front of his name. If you write @ , a list will automaticaly open with the names of user who posted in this thread,

So write @, mark Major_ToM klick in the list and the name will appear  like this:  @Major_ToM .

With this he is informed automatically. As he will be now.

Cheers, daddle

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

HI @Mach59 ,

thanks for the information, which helped to identify your machine.

@Mach59 

"...then started the update process whilst windows was running. The issue occurred because I restarted the laptop too soon.."

With all my respect, but this is the worst thing you ever can do, when running a Bios update, so I fear the laptop may unfortunately be completely gone.

What can we do now? With Windows 10 OS operating the (final) Bios version should be V 7.03, which i zipped as a complete archive to be downloaded here.

In the (rather unlikely) case, the the Bios chip hasn´t been destroyed, you will have to find someone, who is able to exchange the Bios chip and program the attached .rom file from the "Factory" folder onto the new Bios chip.

I have no product sample in hand, so I´m not able to provide more helpful assistance on that... very sorry about it. 😕

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Mach59
Trainee
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Hello @Major_ToM 

Thanks for your reply and for your help. I seem to be having a problem.  When I unzip the file it only shows a Word document with details about the different BIOS versions. I cannot see any other files in the archive. 

Thanks

John

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Hi @Mach59 ,

definetely my fault, because a few files werte missing. I zipped it again (with a different file naming), so please try this download again.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Mach59
Trainee
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Hello @Major_ToM 

Thanks for your response. The link you provided just goes to a 404 error, page not found. 

Regards

John 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hi @Mach59 ,

it usually takes up to 30 minutes for the target to be synchronised with the server, so please try this one in a few minutes again:
https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/software/00_Bios_pgt_D15D_full.zip

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

Mach59
Trainee
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Hello @Major_ToM 

Yes, that has worked. Great. Thank you. All the files are now unzipped and there is a .bin file.  I now intend to buy a BIOS chip programmer from eBay for £10.00 and I will try to  reflash the BIOS.  Should I keep this post open to let you and the community know how if I am successful? Hopefully, I will be.

Many thanks again.

John @Mach59 

14 REPLIES 14