Charging port smashed

SOLVED
4 REPLIES 4
And1
New Voice
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Charging port smashed

I have an E2293 and the charging port is broken and so not charging. Can this be replaced and if so where can I get 1 from? 

16058043329327257956690806566828.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
And1
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the advice. I thought it may be a long shot, so I'll give it a go soldering onto the main board. 

Thanks again, 

Andy. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@And1 

It doesn't look smashed only, but also a bit fused.

You can't replace it, it's not just a singular power board, you would need to exchange the whole mainboard.

bye, daddle

Edit: May be it is possible to solder the wire ground and DC (+)  directly to the mainboardterminals, and then to cut of the original plug, split the power cable and fit both sides, the ones leading to the mainboard and the charging side with new plugs and loose sockets.

But be aware, it is never as strong as the original charging socket, which is fixed to the mainboard base with the housing with 5 soldering points.

And1
New Voice
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the advice. I thought it may be a long shot, so I'll give it a go soldering onto the main board. 

Thanks again, 

Andy. 

And1
New Voice
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

IMG_20201126_155156.jpg

IMG_20201126_155405.jpg

 Hi, I can clearly see where to solder the negative wire but am unable to identify where to solder the positive wire. Any ideas? 

daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@And1 

Your new pictures are not yet free to see for other users.

But on your picture from post 1 it looks as if it is the silvery shinig soldering point with a deepening or hole diagonal above the C letter from the DC inskript.

If you still have the socket and put it into place where it was, you could locate if the central positiv pin coming out horizontally at the inner end was rectangular bent and  pointed  to that silvry shining deepening hole.

An as I said before, the hole also looks a bit burned; maybe in the multi-layer print not all contacts inside might profit from soldering the positive lead onto the silvery shining solder point with the central hole next to DC.

daddle

4 REPLIES 4