37 REPLIES 37
lms2
New Voice
Message 1 of 38
Message 1 of 38

BIOS medion S6426

Hi

I own notebook medion S6426.

Last month I visited medion support site, entered MSN number searching for drivers and bios update.

There was listed bios update http://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/treiber_details.php?did=17813 .

Description says version 2.07, but when I updated downloaded bios, it was version 2.09.

Since bios update to version 2.09, there is no sound from internal speakers or connected headphones.

In device manager, there is no speakers listed, like it should be.

I even tried with restoring to factory defaults and that didn't fix it.

Since this unfortunate provided bios update, about a week later I again entered medion support with my MSN number searching for fixed bios update,

but this time there were(and is) no bios update listed. It looks like medion recognized that it was serving faulty bios update and delisted bios update.

Browsing medion forum, I stumbled on https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/BIOS-updates-concerning-the-Meltdown-Spectre-vulnerability-for/...

and again it shows bios version 207, but download bios is version 209

Where can I get bios update to fixed or previous version?

Thank you in advance

Tags (1)
37 REPLIES 37
Major_ToM
Professor
Message 31 of 38
Message 31 of 38

Hi @xomega820,

pls tell us your 8-digit MSN article number which is placed on the bottom case of the NB (3002xxx), so that we at first can identify your unit.

Greets

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
xomega820
New Voice
Message 32 of 38
Message 32 of 38

Hi @Major_ToM 

Im using the P6685 [MSN: "30025457"], i've seen that the BIOS for the S6426 / S6425 are compatible also for the P6685 / P6687.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 33 of 38
Message 33 of 38

Hi @xomega820 ,

checked the manufacturers server and for your specific model the recent version is V 2.08. Future updates can be installed via WindowsUpdate (if there are marked as "critical") or otherwise via the device manager by right clicking on the "System Firmware" and choosing "update driver"

Capturedevmgr.JPG

Regards

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
xomega820
New Voice
Message 34 of 38
Message 34 of 38

@Major_ToMand theres no way to install Linux? Beacuse I tried but it throws me an ACPI error and eventually the laptop shuts down.

I know that I can use "acpi=off" to """fix""" the problem, but the laptop doesn't charge and the startup it's soooooo slow.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 35 of 38
Message 35 of 38

Hi @xomega820 ,

I just didn´t try to install Linux on this machine, but at first it would help, if you would explicitly describe each step you to arrange the installation. What were you BIOS settings, which bootable media did you use, how did you start.. proceed, which specific messages appear on the screen.. kinds of that..

Greets

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.

amon-ra
New Voice
Message 36 of 38
Message 36 of 38

Has anyone bios 209?, I know that is bugy but is better than actual 208

Thanks in advice

heywire2
Trainee
Message 37 of 38
Message 37 of 38

Can't send pm, pm me your email or post it here

amon-ra