37 REPLIES 37
lms2
New Voice
Message 1 of 38
Message 1 of 38

BIOS medion S6426

Hi

I own notebook medion S6426.

Last month I visited medion support site, entered MSN number searching for drivers and bios update.

There was listed bios update http://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/treiber_details.php?did=17813 .

Description says version 2.07, but when I updated downloaded bios, it was version 2.09.

Since bios update to version 2.09, there is no sound from internal speakers or connected headphones.

In device manager, there is no speakers listed, like it should be.

I even tried with restoring to factory defaults and that didn't fix it.

Since this unfortunate provided bios update, about a week later I again entered medion support with my MSN number searching for fixed bios update,

but this time there were(and is) no bios update listed. It looks like medion recognized that it was serving faulty bios update and delisted bios update.

Browsing medion forum, I stumbled on https://community.medion.com/t5/FAQs/BIOS-updates-concerning-the-Meltdown-Spectre-vulnerability-for/...

and again it shows bios version 207, but download bios is version 209

Where can I get bios update to fixed or previous version?

Thank you in advance

Tags (1)
37 REPLIES 37
daddle
Superuser
Message 21 of 38
Message 21 of 38

@LodeJanssens

Give Antergos V. 18.7 or 18.8 a try. It supports a lot of touchscreens and touchpads, which others don't.

Regards, daddle

LBA997
Trainee
Message 22 of 38
Message 22 of 38

Hi, did you manage to solve that issue? This is my third unit (I updated the first one's bios and the second they sent me wasn't booting at all), and I'm screwed because I'd like to use linux in this laptop and I don't manage to run it when I'm 100% able in any other pc (I've already tried every single bios config, disabling secure boot, CSM...).

I could run linux distros once I upgraded to 2.09 but windows' sound wasn't working and the pc was overheating, so I couldn't work in it.

Any idea or workaround?

I've read you all talk about version 208 but I don't see that version listed in S6426 nor P6687. Could you provide any link? Thanks in advance,

Luis

mediocre
Trainee
Message 23 of 38
Message 23 of 38

I could not solve the issue. Eventually I got my BIOS reflashed (?) by Medion, and luckily I got the old BIOS version back.

They initially tried to charge me a ridiculous amount of money for that (> Eur 250,=), but eventually agreed to do that under warranty.

LBA997
Trainee
Message 24 of 38
Message 24 of 38

Thanks for the reply. That's quite sad, I wish they released a new bios update soon, or repaired the posted one (which let me enter into my Linux distros, where the audio was way better than in windows), but I don't see it happening. I wrote them because the bios update is still in the list, they could at least delete it so that nobody else gets f*cked.

LBA997
Trainee
Message 25 of 38
Message 25 of 38

Hi @LodeJanssens, I've been searching that 208 version you have talked about but I'm unable to find it neither on the medion P6687 download page, nor in the S6426 download page. Could you send me the link please? Thanks in advance

alv982
Beginner
Message 26 of 38
Message 26 of 38

I have a P6687 (I think it's almost the same computer as it uses the same BIOS). I use Linux and I needed to update to v2.09 to install a "recent" version of Ubuntu. I didn't know about the CSM problem, and some months later I enabled that option. The computer also died, so I had to send it to the seller so it can be fixed. It arrived back with a new motherboard with a v2.03 BIOS.

I tried flashing the v2.07 (latest version available in the website), but with that version it doesn't boot up Linux. I have a local copy of v2.09, so I flashed this version to use the Linux version, but I'm worried about the CSM problem, maybe a forgot this in he future and a get a nice paperweight.

The most surprising thing is that I bought the P6687 without operating system, so the most probable use it's to install Linux in it.

I'm very disappointing about the support of Medion and I think I'm not going to buy again another Medion computer.

PS. I anyone need the V2.09 BIOS, I can send it to you.

PS2. You need to install Windows to flash the BIOS to use Linux!

LBA997
Trainee
Message 27 of 38
Message 27 of 38

Hi, I'd like to get that copy. How could I? Thanks!

Gehringer
Retired
Message 28 of 38
Message 28 of 38

Hi @LBA997 ?

What is your product's MSN and MD?

Regards,

Gehringer

akoya_E7222
Apprentice
Message 29 of 38
Message 29 of 38

@lms2  schrieb:  It looks like medion recognized that it was serving faulty bios update and delisted bios update.

with so many dead links, there is quite some "delisting" going on. Not exactly how it is supposed to be.

xomega820
New Voice
Message 30 of 38
Message 30 of 38

@alv982 I need the V2.09 BIOS, can you send to me please?

37 REPLIES 37