cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medion Erazer - Think i have wiped my preinstalled windows, what are my options?

SOLVED
35 REPLIES 35
DomF1989
New Voice
Message 1 of 36
Message 1 of 36

Medion Erazer - Think i have wiped my preinstalled windows, what are my options?

Hi Guys

I own a Medion Erazer X5361 G UK - MSN: 1002 1504 and am having a few issues, I have been trying to fix this myself for the last few days but i am all out of ideas so any advice or what my options are now would be really appreciated as if i do need to repurchase a hard drive with windows etc i would rather just know now.

I tried to reformat my pc as it hadnt had one for 2 years, i have done this before with no issues but i think this time i ticked the button on the windows recovery to clear all drives which is where i am stuck now.

The computer is factory standard and has had no modifications etc and was working fine before the reformat which i am deeply regretting doing right now.

When the computer loads i get the bleeps from the motherboard as i assume it cant detect anything to actually load but i also cant seem to get to BIOS at all, having checked the manual on the motherboard its confirming i should be clicking delete when the computer starts up but this just stays on a blank screen and cant seem to get to the BIOS at all now. https://www.ecs.com.tw/he/Product/Motherboard/B250H4-M20/overview

I downloaded the windows tool and tried creating a usb flash drive for a windows install to see if this would help but again when the USB drive is actually plugged in to the computer i get the same bleeps when pressing delete for BIOS and the same thing happens it just doesnt load anything and screen looks like its on standby.

If i turn the computer on and dont do anything i end up in a cycle of WIndows loads and i get to the Windows preparing screen but I get the same error 'The Computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click "OK" to restart the computer then restart the installation. - if you click ok or click the x to close this just restarts the cycle again.

If anyone can advise me i would be eternally grateful.

Thanks

35 REPLIES 35
daddle
Superuser
Message 21 of 36
Message 21 of 36

@DomF1989 

Well, then the CMOS reset or the drainage of overexcessive load from the Mainboard has done the job. Or both.

As iI said, with the F8 key you have to try sometimes more than once, to get into the Boot Menu on the screen.

But if there isn't another bootable medium in the PC except your well made UB stick, it should automatically boot from it.

You said you had your Windows Partititon formatted, also the 100 MB System (without drive letter).

If the stick boots, in the beginning you  can delete all old Windows partititon. Then leave it just empty and let Win installation do the job.

daddle

daddle

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 22 of 36
Message 22 of 36

I think related to those 5 short beeps to be a error of translation as it's more like "process" error than "processor" error, Some posts over different forums points as a "almost fail" communications related more to video card.

Out of curiosity, when you choose to renew windows did you choose to clean reinstall it or to refurbish the computer? Because the second option creates problems in so many levels...

To any case, F7 is the hot key for boot menu and if your USB fails to boot you might need to change the USB mode in bios.

daddle
Superuser
Message 23 of 36
Message 23 of 36

@sweetpoison 

@sweetpoison  schrieb:

I think related to those 5 short beeps to be a error of translation as it's more like "process" error than "processor" error, Some posts over different forums points as a "almost fail" communications related more to video card.

Hallo sweetpoison, I am sorry, no. In the code list for AMI- Bios the beep code is precisely defined as a processor error. It's not meant "process" error; The  beeps come during post, the hardware check up by Bios. This is listed in different sources.

You already once were wrong with the F - keys, now you know the boot menu key is F7? Which before  you told him to try to enter Bios with it?

Funny, all my mainboards reacts to F 8. 

But F7 might be possible, of course, so sent us the link please, confirming this.

Because most  ECS Boards in medion PCs have the F8 key determined for entering the Boot Menu.

daddle

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 24 of 36
Message 24 of 36

@daddle 

F7 according to this https://www.ecs.com.tw/he/Product/Motherboard/B250H4-M20/gallery And of course I could be wrong since I can't test it live. As for 5 beeps, like I said, there are enough posts to create confusions like this https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/5-beeps-on-startup.1907473/

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/5-beeps-but-system-seems-fine.3283225/

Also https://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

The fact that the error appeared after formatting HDD and the computer was still able to boot just no access to bios kind of rule out the CPU problem but more like incorrect or mismatched settings in bios. 

(in 25 years I only seen 1 intel cpu dead - killed by brutal overclock - and was acting way different than how @DomF1989  described)

Cheers

DomF1989
New Voice
Message 25 of 36
Message 25 of 36

Hi Daddle

To confirm to boot worked with F8

I do have a few questions and thought as i am so close to getting this on now i wanted to check before just doing this as not to brake it again.

The USB is booting correctly so i am in the windows screen but its showing the following partitions and i dont know if i should just install to the big drive or change the others so any advice would be appreciated as i dont want to delete or format the wrong drive and then make it worse for myself.

i assume its only going to let me install on the boot partition anyway due to size.

Thanks

- Drive O - Partition 1 - System

- Drive O - Partition 2 - MSR (Reserved)

- Drive O - Partition 3 - Boot - (Primary 1851 GB)

- Drive O - Partition 4 - Recovery

- Drive O - Partition 5 (30 GB) Recover

- Drive O - Partition 6 : PRC_RP OEM (reserved )

thanks

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 26 of 36
Message 26 of 36

By the looks of it you only have one hdd and the previous windows was sitting on the partition marked as boot. If you still have information which you want to preserve I suggest to save them first.

DomF1989
New Voice
Message 27 of 36
Message 27 of 36

Hi Sweet i am happy to wipe everything completely as i saved everything of importance before i started the format.

Is it worth then just installing to the large drive and do i delete everything else? didnt want to delete it incase i needed the recover partion etc for windows to still work.

thanks

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 28 of 36
Message 28 of 36

Let windows do the magic. Select the large partition marked as BOOT. All other partitions serves their purpose as there are. Also too small (or wrong type) to held windows.

daddle
Superuser
Message 29 of 36
Message 29 of 36

@DomF1989 

Your list shows, that your Windows is on the HDD; all partitions are there. So just choose partition 3.

If you want a different partition scheme, you can delete the boot partition 3 and create a smaller one, 256 GB will do, and later on you can partition the free space and you get a partition D. for ~1600 GB for your data.

Then if Windows crashes again your Data on D are still safe on the big partition.

But Medion Power Recover will not function afterwards anyway, so you can delete and change sizes of C and D after deleting 4 5 and 6.

As you like,  then you have to create at least only  the boot partititon the size you want, before you go on.

You  can delete Partition 4 and 5 and 6, the Medion Recover Data you do not need anymore. So just say for Windos 256 G, the rest will be set by win install.  

you will get a new Win RE just behind tte Boot (C) Partition, and the rest you can partititon the way you like afterwards.

Even with the Media CreationTool stick if you like.  

Partition 4 is the Win RE (without a letter showing in Windows),

Partition 5 is a normal Partition probably former D, and 

Partition 6 is the PowerRecover Boot Partition (without a drive letter in Win)

daddle

daddle
Superuser
Message 30 of 36
Message 30 of 36

@DomF1989 

@DomF1989  schrieb:

I own a Medion Erazer X5361 G UK - MSN: 1002 1504 and am having a few issues,

I tried to reformat my pc as it hadnt had one for 2 years, i have done this before with no issues but i think this time i ticked the button on the windows recovery to clear all drives which is where i am stuck now.

Why did you after all "reformatted your PC". You can not format a PC, just a partition on your harddrive. I assume it was the C-partition, to kill or replace with afresh Windows? I did ask you why  and what you formatted, but this you did not answer.

So after helping you a lot,I am quite curious to know, why you "had to reformat" your PC? What reason? Normally it isn't necessary, to do this even in years.

2. One more question: Why don't you upgrade your drive / PC by utilizing a SATA SSD. Which is 10 times faster than your HDD

There is even one free M2 SATA Slot ready to use on your mainboard.

This would be the ultimate upgrade for your PC. It would boot and react 5 timed faster .

You can build in a notebook 2.5" SSD, or a M2 SATA SSD, Both are the same fast. Then install your Windows on the SSD, or clone it,

daddle

35 REPLIES 35