SOLVED
12 REPLIES 12
danben83
New Voice
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Medion ERAZER X62 MD35081 rebooting issue

Hello,

Seems like I have the same issue as many others when it comes to the MSI Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI in combination with a RTX graphic card (mine is a RTX3080) and the intel Core i9 11900kf cpu.

I have Windows 11 installed right now.

I get random reboots. Sometimes it takes 5 minutes and sometimes several hours before the screen goes black and the computer reboots.

The memory dump tells me it is the classic NVIDIA nvlddmkm.sys driver that crashes.

My system unfortunately have the OEM version of the Medion BIOS and the version is 205 so i'm not able to update the BIOS with the newest MSI release.
18th of october MSI released a new BIOS with some sort of better support for Windows 11.

According to this thread some people seems to have got a new OEM-BIOS and it looks like that BIOS version is based on the october update from MSI:
https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Frust-beim-ERAZER-Hunter-X20-MD-34685/td-p/124296/page...

I'm not sure how they got the new update, but I can't find anything newer than version 205 for my computer model (MD35081).

Is it possible that you can send me this BIOS update @Andi so I can test it on my computer to?

It looks like they have almost the same components in their computers so I guess it should work.

Another thread similar to this thread is this one. But I don't think this thread has the final answer to the rebooting problem:
https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Medion-ERAZER-HUNTER-X62-MD35081-randomly-reboots/m-p/...

My MSN number is: 10024085

//Edited

After reading some more in the post above (I'm not good at German so I rely on Google translate) it looks like the update people are testing is the MSI-BIOS 7C79v1A  and not some new OEM version from Medion. It could be good news if that is true.

I guess I can change the Flash.bat and make afuwinx64 point to the MSI-BIOS but i guess it is better to wait for an answer from @Andi 
I don't want to spoil my warranty in some way 🙂

People have been successful updating the BIOS in this thread also;
https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Medion-Erazer-Hunter-X20/td-p/112156/page/16

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
danben83
New Voice
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

FYI: I got an updated BIOS from Andi and now the computer works flawlessly after several hours of game play, thank you again @Andi 
Hopefully they will distribute this update to everyone with this computer setup in the future.

Best regards

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
danben83
New Voice
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

FYI: I got an updated BIOS from Andi and now the computer works flawlessly after several hours of game play, thank you again @Andi 
Hopefully they will distribute this update to everyone with this computer setup in the future.

Best regards

BlackIce
New Voice
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

hello,

you can't even imagine how much time i spend searching a solution for that exact same issue on my rig !

i own myself a hunter x20 purchased 4 months ago, and i got random black screen (currently at least one per day, sometimes more when i play intensive game) ever since the beginning, and i never understood why.

The BSOD minidump (when i get one) always gave me the directx and the nvidia driver issue, which i could not understand why since the directx check was correct and i have always been on the lastest nvidia driver.

i sometimes get a blue screen and windows give me the clock watchdog timeout error code indicating me a bios issue.

i searched to update the bios from the msi update files without success.

i have a mpg z490 gaming edge wifi motherboard and my bios is currently on version E7C79W0X.203 factory build (a OEM bios which doesn't allow updating from the msi official update).

i would like for someone to send me the lastest right bios update (eg. 7C79v1A on the msi site) , this someone being @Andi or any other person having the file, please.

My rig is : Hunter x20 MD35064 - MSN: 10024081

Regards

-- EDIT --

Thank you Andi for the bios update files, it's so far so good for me too 😁

feear
Visitor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

@Andi  

I should really need the newer bios aswell as my brother is stuck on .205 and having random crashes, he just bought the computer from NetOnNet in Sweden and they said that the new Bios should be on.. Its an MD35081 Unfortunately as i need to help him from distance with this computer i dont have the the MSN. Its a shame that the .205 isnt the latest and NetOnNet told us it was as i read about bios problems 😕 

Thanks in advance!

Adhd
Newcomer
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Hi, first post, just bought this exact computer last one they hade. 
And I’m looking for the same file to try and flash my bios. 
best regards 

@Andy 

Tags (1)
daddle
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

@Adhd 

You should call @Andi   if you want the  Master Moderator to react .😉

Regards, daddle

Slikkie
New Voice
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Hi all, seems I have the same issue too. Took me a while to realise tho. I have the md 35081, msn 10024085. The latest bios I have is .203. @Andi could you please share the bios update file & instructions please? Thanks. 
cheers paul

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

Hi @Slikkie and welcome

205 OEM Bios for MD35081/ MSN 10024085

https://cdn.medion.com/downloads/treiber/0_bios_MS-7C79_MPG_Z490_GAMING_EDGE_WIFI(205).zip

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Slikkie
New Voice
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Hiya, sorry for ghosting. Thanks for sharing the file!

cheers paul

NonkelCharel
New Voice
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hi,

I have the same problem as the OP too... PC crashes randomly (mostly on heavy GPU usage) to BSoD with Clock.Watchdog.Timeout error...

PC: Medion Eraser X62 MD35237
Mobo: Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi (MS-7C79)
Bios version: E7C79W0X.205

@AndiCould i please get that Bios update other people got that resolved their issue?

Thank you!
Greetz,
NonkelCharel

12 REPLIES 12