cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erazer Engineer X32 BIOS update (Microcode update for Intel 13th/14th gen i7 & i9 CPU's)

3 REPLIES 3
PeterB79
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Erazer Engineer X32 BIOS update (Microcode update for Intel 13th/14th gen i7 & i9 CPU's)

Hi,

I guess this post really goes for all people with 13th/14th gen i7/i9 CPU's

Will Medion be releasing a BIOS update for the widespread Intel 13th/14th gen CPU's with the microcode issue later this month after Intel release the update?

I have an Engineer X32 (MSN: 1002 5109) and I'm concerned that if there's no update my CPU (13700) could end up having problems. So far it's fine as far as I can tell, but I'd like peace of mind as I'm sure others will.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Salmondude
Visitor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

i seconded this, i just recently brought a Major X20-MD 62537, MSN 40086203, and i have a i9-13900HX and im very concerned about my new cpu getting fried by the intel mess up.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Salmondude & @PeterB79 ,

we got in touch with the mainboard manufacturer and asked for a Bios update enabling the appropriate CPU compatibility of the mentioned mainboard. Due to the fact, that this which has to be evaluated by our Quality Management dept. before, I´d like to ask you for a little bit patiernce.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
PeterB79
Apprentice
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Major_ToM 

Thank you for the reply, no problem at all.

Looking at the reaction to the current beta microcode update (0x129) it's not been greatly received as it can dramatically drop performance and in some cases cause the CPU's to still exceed their maximum safe voltage (1.55v) so I think more time is needed to polish this update.

I've done some testing with my CPU and it doesn't seem to pull more than around 1.25v under load so I think it'll be fine. I've never had any stability issues, but I only use it for games so nothing too taxing.

3 REPLIES 3