Nomisra
Trainee
Message 1 sur 12
4 968 Visites
Message 1 sur 12
4 968 Visites

Erazer Medion Deputy P10 Right Fan Rattling

Hi,

This just started tonight during a gaming session, the right fan is rattling slightly, definitely not normal, the fans were going at high speed at the time, and even now, at low speed, the fan is noticably rattling. Any ideas? Thanks

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions acceptées
Nomisra
Trainee
Message 12 sur 12
4 177 Visites
Message 12 sur 12
4 177 Visites

Just an update,  laptop was returned with a new thermal unit,  it actually HAS seemed to quieten a bit,  no longer the jet engine 😉 and seems to work just fine.  Temps are good too. 

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

11 RÉPONSES 11
sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 2 sur 12
4 069 Visites
Message 2 sur 12
4 069 Visites

Welcome to community @Nomisra 

Fan rattling can appear in 2 situations: something is touching the fan blades or the berring shows sign of wear off. 

In both cases the problem can be solved by a technician at specialized work shop.

Berring wear off makes rattling when is cold and lose it while the fan is warming up. If rattling appears when the fan (heat sink) is warm it means something is touching the fan blades and increasing the speed is a result of temperature rise.

Contact Medion customer support to see the available options and better to be done soon. 

Cheers.

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 3 sur 12
4 014 Visites
Message 3 sur 12
4 014 Visites

Hi @Nomisra,

do you have any update for us regarding your noise-issue?

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Nomisra
Trainee
Message 4 sur 12
4 010 Visites
Message 4 sur 12
4 010 Visites

Hi,

Laptop is currently with Medion being repaired hopefully! I'll let you know how it is when it's returned. 

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 5 sur 12
4 004 Visites
Message 5 sur 12
4 004 Visites

I @Nomisra ,

seems promising, but pls come back with the results by mentioning our moderator @Gehringer or me with a  @ Sign.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
Nomisra
Trainee
Message 6 sur 12
3 942 Visites
Message 6 sur 12
3 942 Visites

Hi,

@Gehringer I received the laptop back Friday,  and while I thought everything was okay,  I've only just noticed that my graphics card has been replaced! It was a RTX 2060 and is now a GTX 1660 Ti! I know that's not much difference but that's not the point,  why was it changed? I guess I'll have to contact Medion again!

Nomisra
Trainee
Message 7 sur 12
3 922 Visites
Message 7 sur 12
3 922 Visites

Having left emails and had phone conversations while being told that it's being looked at, I have not heard back from anyone stating what's going to be happening,  so I'm currently stuck with a now lower spec machine, 4 months old,   that I'm still paying for. I WAS told that the motherboard had been replaced but would that entail changing the graphics card too? I hope to hear something today. 

sweetpoison
Mentor
Message 8 sur 12
3 916 Visites
Message 8 sur 12
3 916 Visites

Hi,

The video card is build in mother board so cannot be replaced. The fact that you got BM replaced in the first place (based on described problem - fan noise) makes no sense. Other than that, don't let the matter to cool down, as far as I know there is no such thing as downgrade during warranty. I suspect to be a mistake (humans are known for that) and I'm confident it will be solved in the right way (to get back the laptop you paid for).

Cheers

Gehringer
Retired
Message 9 sur 12
3 887 Visites
Message 9 sur 12
3 887 Visites

Hi @Nomisra ,

can you please send me a private message with your Medion customer number so I can try to help you with that?

Regards,

Gehringer

Nomisra
Trainee
Message 10 sur 12
3 481 Visites
Message 10 sur 12
3 481 Visites

Hi all, it's been a while since I had the fan problem so I thought I'd update you.  I was eventually sent a new laptop, same make and spec as my original, and back to the RTX 2060, and for a few months all was going well.  But I then noticed noise much louder than there has been,  from what seemed like both fans,  spinning really fast when Windows 10 had only just been booted for 5 mins and the screen had gone to sleep as it wasn't being used for anything intensive. I messaged the rep I'd contacted before and received a reply  from someone else asking me to check for overheating,  good air flow and a video of the noisy fans in question which I sent.  Haven't heard back since the video was sent Monday. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm very disappointed with a gaming laptop that sounds like an aircraft taking off when I haven't even booted a game, and worried that the same thing will happen to this laptop like the other,  it's reaching that point in less than a month,  and I only purchased the original in November. 

11 RÉPONSES 11