36 ANTWORTEN 36
slackbladder
Apprentice
Nachricht 1 von 37
15.203 Aufrufe
Nachricht 1 von 37
15.203 Aufrufe

Erazer Beast X25 NVIDIA RTX 3070 16GB

So I just purchased a Medion Erazer Beast laptop. https://www.overclockers.co.uk  I have issues.

Can't get into bios. This seems to be a thing with Medion stuff as I've seen threads about this. I really want to turn the AMD integrated gpu off as the temps on the CPU are already very high (usually around 86c). And my NVIDIA control panel is lacking the usual options like DRS). Secondly this 3070 laptop gpu either works well or it does'nt. What I mean is DLSS just doesn't work. If I have a game running at 45fps and I turn DLSS on my FPS increases to....45fps, sometimes worse. I appreciate it won't perform like a desktop 3070 but DLSS should work. Otherwise performance is good. But I'm not happy with a poor DLSS performance. And I have the latest drivers.

I'm not sure if anything can be done to be honest. I was suspicious that £1399 was cheap for a laptop with a 3070. But if it's a real cheap OEM version then that would explain it.

Getting into BIOS would be a start though.

3 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNGEN

Akzeptierte Lösungen
slackbladder
Apprentice
Nachricht 4 von 37
6.672 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 37
6.672 Aufrufe

Hi. Thanks for the response. I got bios open with F10 eventually but it's pretty basic. UEFI i've not tried yet but will do.

As for DLSS not working effectively maybe it's hit and miss. Will check again.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

slackbladder
Apprentice
Nachricht 5 von 37
6.613 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 37
6.613 Aufrufe

Hi

Just want to say things seem to be working fine. Now I'm thinking of adding another SSD. I'm assuming an NVMe PCIe 4.0 is fine? Like this - Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0 Solid State Drive 

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 10 von 37
6.452 Aufrufe
Nachricht 10 von 37
6.452 Aufrufe

@slackbladder 

You can make use of your PCIe M2 SSD 4.0. The higher versions are downwards compatible.

And slower? I do think you couldn't see or feel it.

regards daddle

36 ANTWORTEN 36
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 2 von 37
6.683 Aufrufe
Nachricht 2 von 37
6.683 Aufrufe

Hi @slackbladder and welcome

look at page 35:

You can only run the configuration program upon system startup. If the notebook has already started up, switch it off and restart it. ` Press the F2 key to run the UEFI configuration.

https://cdn.medion.com/cdn/download.pl?lang=de&filename=bda_x20_x25_beast_en.pdf&id=21482&type=anlei...

does that not work?

bye Fishtown

Useful: Control center software

https://www.medion.com/de/service/product-detail/30031969

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 3 von 37
6.680 Aufrufe
Nachricht 3 von 37
6.680 Aufrufe

Hi @slackbladder 

addendum: look here , Post5 ( the rest is interesting even if the contribution is very, very long)

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/Medion-Erazer-Beast-X25-Benchmark-Performance-und-erst...

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
slackbladder
Apprentice
Nachricht 4 von 37
6.673 Aufrufe
Nachricht 4 von 37
6.673 Aufrufe

Hi. Thanks for the response. I got bios open with F10 eventually but it's pretty basic. UEFI i've not tried yet but will do.

As for DLSS not working effectively maybe it's hit and miss. Will check again.

slackbladder
Apprentice
Nachricht 5 von 37
6.614 Aufrufe
Nachricht 5 von 37
6.614 Aufrufe

Hi

Just want to say things seem to be working fine. Now I'm thinking of adding another SSD. I'm assuming an NVMe PCIe 4.0 is fine? Like this - Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0 Solid State Drive 

sweetpoison
Mentor
Nachricht 6 von 37
6.519 Aufrufe
Nachricht 6 von 37
6.519 Aufrufe

Make sure you can return the SSD if is not the right type. It is possible that second M2 slot to be for SATA SSD.

slackbladder
Apprentice
Nachricht 7 von 37
6.499 Aufrufe
Nachricht 7 von 37
6.499 Aufrufe

So does anyone know for sure? This particular laptop doesn't show up on the Medion website so I can't check but I'm sure I read somewhere it had 2 NVMe slots not one and one SATA SSD (pretty sure the SATA SSD would be too big). I'd install myself if it isn't too tricky but it's pretty bad that I can't find more info on their website. Maybe I should email their support team?

Fishtown
Superuser
Nachricht 8 von 37
6.490 Aufrufe
Nachricht 8 von 37
6.490 Aufrufe

Hi @slackbladder 

a second PCIe seems to work, see this post,

https://community.medion.com/t5/ERAZER-Gaming/RAID-im-Beast-X25/m-p/120700#M8411

but only with PCIe 3.0, see this post:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic...

bye Fishtown

2 x M.2 SSD2 x M.2 SSD

slackbladder
Apprentice
Nachricht 9 von 37
6.459 Aufrufe
Nachricht 9 von 37
6.459 Aufrufe

Hi. Thanks for that. I actually contacted Medion and they said there wasn't room for another SSD. So errm, assuming they are wrong if I used a PCIe 4.0 would it still work but slower (I happen to have a 4.0 lying around)? Otherwise I'll use it on my PS5 and get a PCIe 3.0 for the Erazer. Cheers.

daddle
Superuser
Nachricht 10 von 37
6.453 Aufrufe
Nachricht 10 von 37
6.453 Aufrufe

@slackbladder 

You can make use of your PCIe M2 SSD 4.0. The higher versions are downwards compatible.

And slower? I do think you couldn't see or feel it.

regards daddle

36 ANTWORTEN 36