cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to I get into bios? Medion Erazer P10?

SOLVED
28 REPLIES 28
haahu
Trainee
Message 1 of 29
Message 1 of 29

How to I get into bios? Medion Erazer P10?

Hi. I tried to get into bios for days now?

1. Does anyone know which key triggers the bios start-up? 

2. When I try to enter bios via Windows, through settings, the pc restarts and stops, screen black. 

I'm getting pretty desperate here, tbh. 

28 REPLIES 28
Gehringer
Retired
Message 11 of 29
Message 11 of 29

Hi @haahu ,

as per @Fishtown instructions, bot MBs  will have the same process to access their BIOS:

" Executing the UEFI firmware configuration

- You can only run the configuration program upon system startup. If the PC has already been started, shut down Windows® and restart it.

- Before the PC reboots, press the Del key and hold it down until the message Entering Setup appears."

Regards,

Gehringer

Gehringer
Retired
Message 12 of 29
Message 12 of 29

Hi @haahu ,

your MB is the ECS B460H6-EM.

Regards,

Gehringer 

haahu
Trainee
Message 13 of 29
Message 13 of 29

I tried holding down the DEL key for five minutes. I pressed it before start up. and kept holding it in. Screen remains black, and nothing happens.

I been building PCs for 20 years, but never seen this happen.

Whats the model name and brand of this MB? Tried searching the Medion service pages, but my model (MD35024) is not listed.

haahu
Trainee
Message 14 of 29
Message 14 of 29

So it's a ECS B460H6-EM

There is little info to find online, in English.

Trying to find a manual somewhere online

Do Medion LOCK BIOSes?

haahu
Trainee
Message 15 of 29
Message 15 of 29

Is there a way to reset the BIOS manually? I already tried popping out the battery - no luck.

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 16 of 29
Message 16 of 29

Hello @haahu 

very strange

Unusual problems need to be resolved in unusual ways

I would now take out the SSD and then try to get back into the BIOS.

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
haahu
Trainee
Message 17 of 29
Message 17 of 29

I tried. 

Bios does not show up, even if i remove the m.2 ssd. 

My guess is that the bios is set up to use an internal grfx card, but the CPU is a i7 10700f -> so the screen remains black. 

The bios is prob showing, but the screen isn't getting any input. 

Also. Tried booting a live usb distro.of Ubuntu, and it tells me the computer uses Intel RST

Does anyone know where I can find the exact manual? 

Also: the screen ports on the MB does not output. Tried them. 

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 18 of 29
Message 18 of 29

Hi @haahu 

you are right the processor is without integrated graphics.

and the consideration could I also agree but unfortunately I don't know any solution.

A moderator should ask the support how this can be solved.

Hello @Gehringer , please ask support if it is true, if no internal graphics are installed, that you cannot get into the BIOS

and why the ports do not work, thank you 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
haahu
Trainee
Message 19 of 29
Message 19 of 29

Seems the Medion Erazer Engineer P10 with the 10700F CPUS on this motherboard will leave you f****ed if you have to get into bios.

1. Tried resetting the BIOS via pins on the MB.

2. Tried removing the battery on MB (for 20 mins)

3. Tried different monitors

4. Tried removing the m.2 ssd

5. Tried installing a different hdd

6. Tried different grfx cards

7. Can't find an English online manual of the motherboard

8. Tried using a live CD (USB) with Linux to diagnose, only to find that the BIOS uses Intel RST (which has to be disabled from BIOS)

9. Tried every F-key and DEL immediately after restarting - nothing.

I really can't recommend buying this PC. It's OK until it's not, and you have to get into bios. Then it seems you locked out.

Not a good look.

daddle
Superuser
Message 20 of 29
Message 20 of 29

@haahu 

@haahu  schrieb:

9. Tried every F-key and DEL immediately after restarting - nothing.

Hi @haahu, in fact you should have the Del Key pressed and hold pressed in before switching on the PC. Not immediatly after restarting, but before!

Restarting means the PC was switched off first? If you make use of "New start"  it is difficult to find the right moment to press the invoking Bios key.  

You should switch your PC  off properly? ---> Shut Down with the shift key pressed?

But you mentioned before you followed these rules?

Your graphic card is properly seated and the locking lever is arrested?

Your PC with the MD 35024 is listed in the service pages. You must write MD 35024, not MD35024  without a space inbetween.

The only suitable MSN is 10024023 with the  MD 35024, for a model sold in Belgium. So are you Dutch or Belgian?

Are you sure you connected your monitor to the horizontally ports of the graphic card? Is this the flyer exactly for your PC  ->  https://bda.medion.com/flyer_20069098.pdf

I also have a Mainboard ECS B460H6-EM with horizontally graphic ports on the dedicated Nvidia graphic card, and two vertikal graphic ports on the MB itself.

( like you di

Is the backside of your PC  like the backside on the Flyer shows ---> No. 23 24 are double listed, for ports on the graphic card and ports on the mainboard, vertically arranged.

May be because they are marked "Optionally" they are not there; but the ECS B460H6 definitely has those two ports on the MB, although eventually not connected (soldered)?

If I connect the monitor to the vertikal HDMI port on the Mainboard (like you did too as said in a post before), I only get a picture after Windows has loaded, and the monitor screen lights up only when Windows has loaded and the login screen appears simultaneously with enlightening of the screen. If connected to the MB ports with the dedicated graphic card installed

So booting up this way I cannot see the Bios screen either.

But the difference is, my Intel i5 Proc has a integrated HD 630, but which is deactivated as Medion says. And the Intel graphic card is in this setup not listed in Device Manager. 

So I wonder if those vertical mainboard-video ports are just fed backwards with graphic signals from the dedicated Nvidia? And thats why they only function after Windows has loaded graphic drivers?

Quite an adventurous theory, I know.

So in case you connected the monitor to the MB ports switch to the graphic card, or vice versa. Just another desperate try!  😔

And start the PC with the Del key pressed and held first, before switching the PC on.

On your Mainboard EM 460H6-EM the Esc key has the same function as the Del key.

Try this as well.

Cheers, daddle

28 REPLIES 28