SOLVED
10 REPLIES 10
lkempe
New Voice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Akoya P67002 second M.2 drive

Hi

I have installed a samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2 in the second M.2 port on the Akoya P67002 but it is neither recognized by Windows 10 not the BIOS.

What should I do so that it is recognized?

Thanks for you help

Laurent

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
RS13
Master NL
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi @lkempe and @daddle

I've verified this with my colleagues, and @daddle is correct, the motherbord is fitted with a total of three M.2 slots, one for the WLAN module, one for PCIe X4 NVMe SSD's (Which is in use for the 256 GB Intel SSD), and one that supports SATA mode only. 

Kind regards, 

Paul. 

View solution in original post

RS13
Master NL
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi @lkempe

At the moment there is no BIOS update available for this system as far as I'm aware. The drivers that are available for this system kan be found on this site.

If a BIOS update comes available you can find it through the same link. 

The PC has an ECS Z370H4-EM motherboard, but I don's have any documentation available for it I'm afraid. 

Ow, and @daddle is correct again, the Intel SSD supports only NVME mode, and will not work on the M.2 SATA port. 

Kind Regards, 

Paul

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
daddle
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

@lkempe

If the  M2 is not recognized by the Bios or by WIndows, it is or defect or it is the Interface.

I guess your PC can only accept M2 SSDs.with a SATA-Interface. So check the technicla data of your mainboard,

even better and faster swap your M2 NVMe-SSD and make it a SATA M2

Regards , daddle.

lkempe
New Voice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

Thx for you answer @daddle

The dirve is new and just our of the box so I doubt it is the problem.

Where can I find the technical data of my motherboard, I tried earlier to find something on the Medion website without any luck. I found drivers and documentation but nothing about the motherboard!

"even better and faster swap your M2 NVMe-SSD and make it a SATA M2"

Do you mean to get back to the shop and exchange the drive?

Thanks

Laurent

daddle
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@lkempe

For technical data an mainboard specs you have to address a mod, may be @RS13 or @Rex could help you.

And yes, I would bring the NVMe back to the shop after a mod confirmed my guessing that its only a sata-Interface.

Good luck, daddle

lkempe
New Voice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

I guess that the mod you mentionned will see this message and will answer!

It will be hard to bring it back, but do you think it would work on the first port in which I have the original NVMe Intel drive?

Thx

Laurent

RS13
Master NL
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

Hi @lkempe and @daddle

I've verified this with my colleagues, and @daddle is correct, the motherbord is fitted with a total of three M.2 slots, one for the WLAN module, one for PCIe X4 NVMe SSD's (Which is in use for the 256 GB Intel SSD), and one that supports SATA mode only. 

Kind regards, 

Paul. 

lkempe
New Voice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Hi @RS13

Thanks for your answer, is there a place where we can download the specifications of the motherboard?

And btw I searched a placeto download BIOS update, is there any?

Kind regards

Laurent

lkempe
New Voice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Hi @RS13

Would the 256 GB Intel SSD work on the sata port?

Kind regards

Laurent

daddle
Superuser
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@lkempe

No, of course not. The slot and the build in Intel SSD utilize a NVMe- Interface, while the other free  M2  2280 Slot  utilizes  the SATA- Protocol.

RS13
Master NL
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Hi @lkempe

At the moment there is no BIOS update available for this system as far as I'm aware. The drivers that are available for this system kan be found on this site.

If a BIOS update comes available you can find it through the same link. 

The PC has an ECS Z370H4-EM motherboard, but I don's have any documentation available for it I'm afraid. 

Ow, and @daddle is correct again, the Intel SSD supports only NVME mode, and will not work on the M.2 SATA port. 

Kind Regards, 

Paul

10 REPLIES 10