New MEDION ERAZER X87016, three days old, Motherboard beeping

3 REPLIES 3
TheGr8Destructo
Beginner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

New MEDION ERAZER X87016, three days old, Motherboard beeping

Hi All,

I have purchased a MEDION ERAZER X87016 (MSN: 1002265).

It is 3 days old and has not been moved since purchase.

The mother board is intermittently beeping, when it beeps you can also hear a clicking.

This link has a recording of the sound (mother board beeping).

There are no beeps at boot and only when the pc is up and running.

I have downloaded the Medion Diagnostics app. It updated Windows and completed with no issues.

I have run diagnostics separately on the Memory and Hard drives and they have all passed.

The computer has no driver updates on theMedion website and Has not has any "outside" updates applied to it.

Any and all assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

George

I think it has to be some kind of loose connection?

3 REPLIES 3
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Hi @TheGr8Destructo , 

Is a version of Intel Rapid Start or Rapid Storage installed on your system? 

If so, try turning off Link power managment, I believe it is under the "Performance"  tab.

I think it is some sort of energy saving option causing either the harddrive or the dvd drive to go into some sort of standby state and spinning up again if I remember correctly. 

Kind regards,
Bart
TheGr8Destructo
Beginner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi Bart - thanks I have turned off Link power management and will let you know if that fixes things. Thanks for your help!

Major_ToM
Professor
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Good morning @TheGr8Destructo ,

moreover it would be interesting to know, which current Windows version and which BIOS is currently installed. Pls check available online updates (BIOS via device manager) and make sure, that the latest versions are installed.

Cheers

Major ToM

MEDION. LÄUFT BEI MIR.
• Web: www.medion.de • Community: community.medion.com • Facebook: MEDIONDeutschland • Instagram: @medion.de

Bitte belohne hilfreiche Antworten mit Kudos und markiere die beste Antwort/Lösung mit Als Lösung akzeptieren.
3 REPLIES 3