Did you mean: 

Adding a second hard drive and extra usb ports

16 REPLIES 16
bombheads12
Trainee
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Adding a second hard drive and extra usb ports

Hi ive just purchased a Medion Akoya 67064 MD35098, its literally just out of the box!

Now all i want is a straightforward  answer how can i add a second hard drive Internally, and some extra USB ports. If i cant i will return it to the people i bought it off, and they will in turn either sell it on at a loss or return to you at MEDION. The board looks as though it has slots for me to use IE Sata hard drive connectors but there isnt a cradle. I believe this is a cut down board Ie only supports Graphics card memory and SSD drive and thats your lot! 

is this right MSN number is 10024144  Type MED MT 8277N this equates to MD35097 on your sight but the box it came in says MD35098?

Regards

16 REPLIES 16
bombheads12
Trainee
Message 11 of 17
Message 11 of 17

Daddle 

Im sorry I thought you were a MEDION Tech support, if you are not then you need to close this Forum down and let MEDION take the flack!

Gehringer
Retired
Message 12 of 17
Message 12 of 17

Hi @bombheads12 ,

Since you asked, I am a moderator, which means that I facilitate discussions and I try to help community members to find answers for their questions.

In your case, you need more technical information that the average user, so I can suggest you to either contact your local Medion technical support team or to count on the expertise of tech savy community members.

Please consider that this contribution from members is voluntary, and it may be discouraged by your approach, but from a moderator perspective, you haven't disrespected any community rules, so it is a fair play. 

Medion can only recommend upgrades and modifications on products to be performed by professionals, since they may present warranty voiding and security and safety risks.

I hope this explanation helps you understand the reason why this type of information is not distributed inside units boxes and I also hope you understand your assumption that all of this is to increase profits is wrong.

@daddle , thank you for clarifying the issue on the use of internal SATA connectors.

I am now in touch with internal Medion team to clarify the MSN number difference and I thank you both for bringing this issue to our attention.

Regards,

Gehringer

bombheads12
Trainee
Message 13 of 17
Message 13 of 17

Gehringer, you are totally right with myself contacting Medion direct. As you state you are in touch with " Internal  Medion team" ask them for an e-mail address i may contact them on lol. As trying to find  Medion support  on the Internet is impossible from the UK.  But thats ok, as being the person I am i usually find the e-mail addresses  of the Companies CEO and hit as many as i can. So maybe the CEO of Medion might like an e-mail from me??  Gerd Brachmann and Christien Eigan standby lol or if i hit even higher lets go to Lenovo that owns Medion........... 

Regards

kim  

Gehringer
Retired
Message 14 of 17
Message 14 of 17

Hi @bombheads12 ,

please find here the link to the contact information website for Medion UK.

You can either call the technical support line or fill the contact form

Regards,

Gehringer

filipfabris1
Beginner
Message 15 of 17
Message 15 of 17

Hello,

I have bought Medion Akoya S65 MT MD35198

(https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/medion+akoya+s65+mt+md35198+723975)

Could you help me why my computer does not recognize Samsung SSD 980 NVMe M.2.

I put it next to processor fan slot.

* 4 x SATA 3 ports (4x black color)
* 1 x M.2 M2_1 (2260 and 2280 size with flexible standoff, SATA mode only)
* 1 x M.2 M2_2 (for PCIe X4 NVMe SSD and Intel Optane module 2260 & 2280)
* 1 x M.2 M2_3 (E-Key 2230 for WLAN only)

Can it be added or?

daddle
Superuser
Message 16 of 17
Message 16 of 17

@filipfabris1 

Your bootdrive with Windows on it is a PCIe ssd drive. The second slot is for SATA M.2 SSDs only.

daddle

Fishtown
Superuser
Message 17 of 17
Message 17 of 17

Hello @filipfabris1 and welcome
An M.2 SSD PCIe is already installed on your computer. The free M.2 slot is intended for an M.2 SSD in SATA design

bye Fishtown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alles was man lange genug, konsequent mit System durchführt, führt zwangsläufig zum Erfolg.
16 REPLIES 16