Request for a better app interface.

1 REPLY 1
Kareltje
New Voice
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Request for a better app interface.

Dear @DarkKnight ,

Reading this forum, I found out that you are a Medion official who runs this forum.

I think I speak on behalf of many Medion tv owners that the app interface is not what people expect.

It is in the interest of (future) owners, Medion and the Vestel manufacturer that Medion televions have a state of the art app interface.

I also found out that Medion runs the app page themselve. So you (Medion) are the king of your own kingdom. If the OS of the tv is Linux based, why not the Linux Opera smart tv browser? Much smart tv's are running on Linux.

I wanted to view some Dutch tv programs so I surfed to Dutch tv sites and I was able to see some tv shows within the browser, which is good news, and makes me think that an app is sometimes is just a shortcut to a certain webpage. Which is OK by me.

Another thing is, that Medion could make their app page something bottom up, not top down. Make it open source, so the customers can built their own apps and creating a community with enthousiast members who create their own apps and keep their high quality tv's up to date themselves.

In the Dutch advert for this tv, the logo of "NOS" (Dutch broadcasting coorperation) was seen. In reality it is missing. Me, and propably more customers, were dissapointed.

On this list you can see the popular Dutch apps in a schematic diagram. In other countries it will be different, but this is important in the Netherlands.

With good apps, your tv's are "an offer you can't refuse".

https://www.consumentenbond.nl/tv/welke-apps-heeft-je-smart-tv

Kind regards, Kareltje.

1 REPLY 1
Gehringer
Retired
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Hi @Kareltje ,

thank you for your contribution.

I hope you will continue engaging with the community and helping all users.

Regards,

Gehringer

1 REPLY 1