RebekahR
Trainee
Bericht 1 van 56
36.834 Weergaven
Bericht 1 van 56
36.834 Weergaven

Medion 58" TV (X15536 / MD 31436) Internet Issue

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this.

All of a sudden my TV has become stuck in a boot loop and keeps restarting whenever it is connected to the internet.

When connected by Wi-Fi the boot loop continues until the TV seems to disconnect itself from the Wi-Fi, when connected by Ethernet cable it continues until the cable has been removed from the TV.

I have gone through the First time installation again to see if this could fix the error but it still happens after connecting to the internet

There are no issues with the internet as it is working fine for phone, laptop, Xbox etc. I have even tried using a 4G hub from a different internet provider and the same issue occurs.

I’m wondering if maybe it needs a software upgrade but I cannot carry this out through the internet on the TV at the moment

MSN: 30028460

Software: V.5.28.7.4 MED

Application Version: V.4.18.0.6

Thanks

Tags (1)
55 ANTWOORDEN 55
1attenborrow
Visitor
Bericht 31 van 56
3.503 Weergaven
Bericht 31 van 56
3.503 Weergaven

as with other people... can't see how they can update firmware without the network connection....

Hayzee
Newcomer
Bericht 32 van 56
3.454 Weergaven
Bericht 32 van 56
3.454 Weergaven

This has also happened to mine,  if anyone gets through or receives anything from Medion could they post in here to keep us all informed?  Thank you in advance hopefully it will get sorted some how!

Tonymed
New Voice
Bericht 33 van 56
3.419 Weergaven
Bericht 33 van 56
3.419 Weergaven

Hi I presume they will have to push a firmware update out to there site so we can download there latest firmware with the fix in the update for the network issue then we will have to download it and put on on usb flash/pen drive plug usb pen drive into USB port on our TVs and run the firmware update that way 

Thanks 

MichaelH
Newcomer
Bericht 34 van 56
3.382 Weergaven
Bericht 34 van 56
3.382 Weergaven

Me too Also couldn’t get through on phone - waited an hour eventually left a message but nobody got back.

m

Managed to get contact online.

Back on after disconnecting WiFi - now got a not very Smart TV !

Fingers crossed for quick patch.

Steffp
Beginner
Bericht 35 van 56
3.351 Weergaven
Bericht 35 van 56
3.351 Weergaven

I have this exact issue also Im going to disconnect as mentioned above and fingers crossed we get a solution soon. Going to have to be a dvd marathon for now lol

Jonesy1
Beginner
Bericht 36 van 56
3.271 Weergaven
Bericht 36 van 56
3.271 Weergaven

The same problem. Thanks for the advice to turn off the internet, that worked. Now await a permanent solution from Medion.

beck642
Beginner
Bericht 37 van 56
3.263 Weergaven
Bericht 37 van 56
3.263 Weergaven

I have the same issue and how can disconnecting it from the internet fix the problem if it needs the internet to update it? I cant even get it to stay on long enough for it to connect to the internet anyway!! 

Ive been emailed by a Manager, as Ive said its broken as far as im concerned and needs to be replaced or refunded. It is not my role to be completing fixes on this TV.  Told to wait for an update! I shall report to Trading Standards within 24 hours if they do not come back to me with a proper answer. 

Popcorn
Trainee
Bericht 38 van 56
3.245 Weergaven
Bericht 38 van 56
3.245 Weergaven

It’s a rubbish situation. I love your no-nonsense approach @beck642 🙌

If Medion expect us to download an update onto a memory stick, they are assuming all of us have (a) access to a computer with a USB port, and (b) a memory stick. I don’t have either!
If we do find ourselves in this situation I will insist they send a memory stick containing the update to me via next day delivery as I think it would be unreasonable for them to insist that I have the wherewithals to be able to sort this problem - which was entirely caused by Medion - myself. 
The tv I was sold is now unfit for purpose following the recent update issued by Medion and I think Beck has the right idea! Please keep us posted as I would be very interested to hear what Trading Standards say.

Tonymed
New Voice
Bericht 39 van 56
3.184 Weergaven
Bericht 39 van 56
3.184 Weergaven

Hi if you don’t have pc/laptop or pen drive either they will definitely post pen drive out to you with firmware update on it if they go down this road to fix thanks 

Clairebrooker
Beginner
Bericht 40 van 56
3.124 Weergaven
Bericht 40 van 56
3.124 Weergaven

I too have this issue and after a email from them I have managed to turn the wifi off. In the email they said they would put the permanent fix once they have it on the forum page but doesn’t anyone know where that would be ? .  I have also asked for a refund or replacement as I need a smart tv !! No answer as of yet 

55 ANTWOORDEN 55