SOLVED
55 REPLIES 55
RebekahR
Trainee
Message 1 of 56
Message 1 of 56

Medion 58" TV (X15536 / MD 31436) Internet Issue

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me solve this.

All of a sudden my TV has become stuck in a boot loop and keeps restarting whenever it is connected to the internet.

When connected by Wi-Fi the boot loop continues until the TV seems to disconnect itself from the Wi-Fi, when connected by Ethernet cable it continues until the cable has been removed from the TV.

I have gone through the First time installation again to see if this could fix the error but it still happens after connecting to the internet

There are no issues with the internet as it is working fine for phone, laptop, Xbox etc. I have even tried using a 4G hub from a different internet provider and the same issue occurs.

I’m wondering if maybe it needs a software upgrade but I cannot carry this out through the internet on the TV at the moment

MSN: 30028460

Software: V.5.28.7.4 MED

Application Version: V.4.18.0.6

Thanks

Tags (1)
55 REPLIES 55
Radders
Beginner
Message 41 of 56
Message 41 of 56

I too have this same issue, with a 55” bought about 18 months ago.

MD 31397

Baggy
Beginner
Message 42 of 56
Message 42 of 56

Has anyone had any more feedback from Medion on how and when the fix is likely to be ?

Thanks

beck642
Beginner
Message 43 of 56
Message 43 of 56

05/08/2021

Dear Mr. Beck,

Thank you for contacting us.

We can confirm this software issue with our TV`S is world wide and is affecting many customers.

Unfortunately in these circumstance the temporary fix its the best solution.

You need to first turn of the WIFI router and whilst this is off process the TV settings and set the network type to disabled

Once you have done this on the TV then turn back on your router.

We are sorry for this, as there is a software issue for the time being you will need to ensure to keep the WIFI disabled off the TV.

We are working on a fix for this As soon as we have a resolution, we will post it on the Medion forum and contact you via email or phone.

Again, please accept our apologies and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you require any further assistance then please do contact us.

Kind regards

Kirsten
Contact Centre Manager
MEDION Electronics UK
120 Faraday Park
Faraday Road
Dorcan
Swindon
SN3 5JF
Tel: 0333 3213106
Tel (IE): 1800 992 508
Fax: +44 (0) 871 200 2079

rainbow
New Voice
Message 44 of 56
Message 44 of 56

I just got this message 

Thank you for your message.

We are contacting you in regards to the issue with your TV. We are sorry for the delay in contacting; we can confirm this matter should be resolved.

Please reconnect the WIFI/Internet to your TV and re test this. If you have already done the troubleshoot fix, please reconnect to the Wi-Fi and change the settings, i.e. change it back from DISABLED to WIRELESS DEVICE and so on. 

Once the internet is enabled please try the smart TV APPS such as Netflix or Amazon prime and please let us know if the intermittent power fault continues.

Again please accept our apologies and we appreciate your patience and understanding.

If you require any further assistance then please do contact us.

Kind regards

MEDION Electronics UK

120 Faraday Park

Faraday Road

Dorcan

Swindon

SN3 5JF

Tel: 0333 3213106

Tel (IE): 1800 992 508

Fax: +44 (0) 871 200 2079

Web: www.medion.co.uk

Webshop: www.medionshop.co.uk

Facebook: www.facebook.com/medionuk

Twitter: www.twitter.com/medionuk

In our MEDION Community you can meet other users, as well as our employees, and exchange your experiences and pass on your knowledge. You can find our MEDION Community at http://community.medion.com.

ricbro86
Trainee
Message 45 of 56
Message 45 of 56

I've just reconnected mine via an ethernet cable and it's working again, no more reboots.

So the fault must have been on the medion server side of things.

Will we get a guarantee that this sort of fault won't happen again?

Also will this TV ever get a proper firmware update?, mine has a build date of 20-01-2020

Chelsea1604
Beginner
Message 46 of 56
Message 46 of 56

Yes I’ve just put WiFi back on and appears to be working ok now. Fingers crossed we don’t get anymore problems!

Popcorn
Trainee
Message 47 of 56
Message 47 of 56

Thank you so much for the update, @rainbow - my tv has connected to the wifi successfully and seems to be working as normal now. Thank goodness! 

Can’t believe it took Medion 4 days to get this sorted, though - and indeed no detail of the reason for the fault mentioned in the email you received. It is very bad when companies aren’t transparent and don’t own up to mistakes they’ve made 👎 Sometimes things go wrong and even though it’s frustrating it’s ok and to be expected from time to time. However, they way in which the company deals with the situation speaks volumes about them and I’m seriously unimpressed with both Aldi and Medion’s reactions to this issue. 

rainbow
New Voice
Message 48 of 56
Message 48 of 56

Mine is also working. It is a shame it took a while to fix however glad to have this forum to share the troubles otherwise I would have been very stuck.

Thanks all for the comments! 

Jaychurch
New Voice
Message 49 of 56
Message 49 of 56

Yay it's working and I have 1 very happy 5 year old watching YouTube again. Thank goodness for this forum . But what about all the other customers who haven't been on here........

Annanpiper
New Voice
Message 50 of 56
Message 50 of 56

All working. And thank god. In all fairness they've done well. Yes it's been a ball ache but if you can't manage without Internet apps for your viewing pleasure then next time instead of buying a 300 quid telly from aldi get yourself a 1500 quid Sony. 

Now can someone please close the replies on this post 

55 REPLIES 55