EFI - correct boot order

4 REPLIES 4
ZAJDAN
Trainee
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

EFI - correct boot order

Hello,

my tablet doesn't start Android system and boot into EFI sheel. So I followed the instruction here:

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/software_details.php?did=15047

but after that I connect the USB is boots again into EFI shell with a bit other information and during a few second tablet reboots and does it again, again, again....DSC_0227.JPG

dmpstore: cannot open file - 'fs1:\ boot order.bin'

why fs1 when the USB is fs0 ...?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Hi @ZAJDAN

I'm not really into Android at this level, but are you sure that FS1 should be FS0? If so, cant you just open startup.nsh in notepad and change fs1:\bootorder.bin to fs0:\bootorder.bin? Or is that thinking to simple? 

Kind regards,
Bart
ZAJDAN
Trainee
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@Bodgekin

Thank You for hint, but exactly this I have tried, but unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem. Seems, that the tablet has broken primary volume where is recorded OS(Android).

Bodgekin
Mentor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi @ZAJDAN

I already thought it sounded to good (easy) to be true. As I said, I'm afraid this is beyond my level of knowledge of Android, sorry!

Kind regards,
Bart
daddle
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@ZAJDAN wrote:

Hello,

my tablet doesn't start Android system and boot into EFI sheel. So I followed the instruction here:

https://www.medion.com/gb/service/_lightbox/software_details.php?did=15047

but after that I connect the USB is boots again into EFI shell with a bit other information and during a few second tablet reboots and does it again, again, again....DSC_0227.JPG

dmpstore: cannot open file - 'fs1:\ boot order.bin'

why fs1 when the USB is fs0 ...?

@ZAJDAN

I guess fs0 is the eMMC-HD; and he looks for bootorder.bin on fs1 (usb-stick), which he can not find; or the stick or the file bootorder.bin. So something is wrong with your usb-stick, maybe the otg-adapter (usb host cable), or the connection with the stick.

daddle

4 REPLIES 4